Author Topic: Windows Sucks  (Read 15598 times)

Laukev7

• VIP
  • Kudos: 495
Windows Sucks
« Reply #30 on: 16 August 2004, 08:58 »
quote:
Its for the weak and homosexual!

That's not very nice for homosexuals or females. I am not gay, but still...

For that matter, comparing Windows to anyone is an insult.

[ August 15, 2004: Message edited by: Laukev7 / BOB ]

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
Windows Sucks
« Reply #31 on: 16 August 2004, 13:13 »
quote:
Originally posted by Laukev7 / BOB:

That's not very nice for homosexuals or females. I am not gay, but still...

Sorry, I wasn't being serious, I'm just bord of "Windows sucks" posts, it was funny when I first joined but its no longer a joke. We all know that Windows sucks, we've heard it 1000 times before.

Edit:
When I end a post with    :D       :D       :D   , its not mant to be taken too seriously

quote:
Originally posted by Laukev7 / BOB:

For that matter, comparing Windows to anyone is an insult.

LOL!
True.

quote:
Originally posted by WMD:

Haven't heard that one before   :D  

At least some people have a sense of humour.  

[ August 16, 2004: Message edited by: Aloone ]

This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

Indecisive_Distro_Chooser

• Kudos: 0
Windows Sucks
« Reply #32 on: 17 August 2004, 06:16 »
quote:
Originally posted by Aloone:

It BSODomizes me!
[ August 15, 2004: Message edited by: Aloone ]

I have to say that was one of the few things that made me laugh hard.

Nice one.  
Well, what can I say, I truly love Linux.

Windows Sucks
« Reply #33 on: 17 August 2004, 06:17 »
quote:
Originally posted by Talium:
You are right Windows sucks      it crashes all the time and after 6 months you have to reinstal the sytem so it could work normaly....    

No, bring that down to about 6 weeks and you'd have a realistic time.  :rolleyes:

Windows Sucks
« Reply #34 on: 17 August 2004, 06:19 »
Hey Refalm, one of the many live distros I have tested has been Slax, and I have to say, it is lovely.

Another that comes into the "lovely" category is Knoppix, both ultimately rule.  :D

Predator

• Kudos: 33
Windows Sucks
« Reply #35 on: 19 August 2004, 14:01 »
DOS - straightforward, good, simple.
|||| PRE

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
Windows Sucks
« Reply #36 on: 19 August 2004, 17:56 »
quote:
Originally posted by Predator:
DOS - straightforward, good, simple.

No multitasking  

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
Windows Sucks
« Reply #37 on: 19 August 2004, 18:31 »
That can also be an advantage, if you only want to run one program at a time and you don't want lots of other shit in memory slowing your system down DOS is great.

Also as there is no swap file you don't have to worry about defragmenting your hard drive. You can also delete programs with out worrying about parts of them still being in memory.

You can also get multitasking shells for DOS.

[ August 19, 2004: Message edited by: Aloone ]

This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
Windows Sucks
« Reply #38 on: 19 August 2004, 19:02 »
quote:
Originally posted by Hmph?:
I still use microsoft and Works fine no blue screen of death yet. Maybe if you guys didnt kick your computer every time it does something else then it would work.

Notice how you use the word "still". If you do nothing else on your computer than using Works (which is a product that causes a lot of compatability issues in my experience) it's very possible that you never receive any BSOD's.

However, browsing a lot on the internet with Internet Explorer is already a security issue and may slow down your computer, making it unresponsive, hogging up your memory resulting in a BSOD.

To go back on your use of Microsoft Works, I can't see why so many people didn't threw it away when they (probably) got it with their computer.
OpenOffice.org ($ 0, open source) and WordPerfect Office ($ 300, commercial) are far superior products. I recommend OpenOffice.org to you, because it suits the needs of a Works user.

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
Windows Sucks
« Reply #39 on: 19 August 2004, 20:22 »
quote:
Originally posted by Refalm / BOB:

Notice how you use the word "still". If you do nothing else on your computer than using Works (which is a product that causes a lot of compatability issues in my experience) it's very possible that you never receive any BSOD's.

However, browsing a lot on the internet with Internet Explorer is already a security issue and may slow down your computer, making it unresponsive, hogging up your memory resulting in a BSOD.

To go back on your use of Microsoft Works, I can't see why so many people didn't threw it away when they (probably) got it with their computer.
OpenOffice.org ($ 0, open source) and WordPerfect Office ($ 300, commercial) are far superior products. I recommend OpenOffice.org to you, because it suits the needs of a Works user.

I don't think Hmph? uses  :D  MS Works  :D .

His post just contained some very bad English, which I've corrected for you.

quote:
This is only my interpritation:
I still use Microsoft software, and it works fine, no blue screen of death yet. Maybe if you guys didn

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
Windows Sucks
« Reply #40 on: 19 August 2004, 21:14 »
I've worked at a high school once, and the kids where complaining about how there work from home couldn't be opened at school.
All these kids got Microsoft Works free with their computer. It's non-compatible with Microsoft Office, and it only has a purpose if you print your stuff. The saving button seems to be there only for other Microsoft Works computers.
It wouldn't be that bad if there was a PDF feature (which OpenOffice.org does have).

Orethrius

• Kudos: 982
Windows Sucks
« Reply #41 on: 19 August 2004, 21:20 »
quote:
Originally posted by Refalm / BOB:
I've worked at a high school once, and the kids where complaining about how there work from home couldn't be opened at school.
All these kids got Microsoft Works free with their computer. It's non-compatible with Microsoft Office, and it only has a purpose if you print your stuff. The saving button seems to be there only for other Microsoft Works computers.
It wouldn't be that bad if there was a PDF feature (which OpenOffice.org does have).

You know what's infinitely worse than that?  The unparalleled moron that inevitably says "I can't open this in Works on this computer," to which a teacher says "that's because we have Word and the two are mutually incompatible."

...to which, the student replies - and I quote from a real experience here - "why don't you UPGRADE?"  Like Works is the next incarnation of Office or something.  That kid got a few nice wads of paper in the back of the head for that question.   ;)

Proudly posted from a Gentoo Linux system.

Quote from: Calum
even if you're renting you've got more rights than if you're using windows.

System Vitals

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
Windows Sucks
« Reply #42 on: 19 August 2004, 21:58 »
My PC came with XP & Works and it certainly wasn't free, I could've bought it for a lower price without the software and I

Talium

Windows Sucks
« Reply #43 on: 1 September 2004, 03:04 »
I don't think you people going to bolive that.
I have recantly visited a friend and I found out that her Windows 98 has been working now for 2 years whitout being reinstaled , and what is even more starnge it was works quite good. How is that possible?? I have to reinstole my Windows every 6 month , if I don't do that it just stops working properly and crashes  all the time.

WMD

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 391
    • http://www.dognoodle99.cjb.net
Windows Sucks
« Reply #44 on: 1 September 2004, 03:57 »
I have a 6-year-old install of Win95 that works, and I have cousins with a 5-year-old install of Windows 98.

Mine works because I know how to deal with it, but it's really slow.  ZipSlack with Fluxbox fly on it  

That other computer...I have no idea why it works.  Either way, it's on its last leg.  BSOD when I ran Scandisk.  :rolleyes:
My BSOD gallery
"Yes there's nothing wrong with going around being rude and selfish, killing people and fucking married women, but being childish is a cardinal sin around these parts." -Aloone_Jonez