Author Topic: Microsoft Screws TCPA Partners  (Read 1182 times)

jtpenrod

• VIP
  • Kudos: 105
Microsoft Screws TCPA Partners
« on: 10 April 2003, 11:43 »
quote:
Although TCG [Trusted Computing Group] is being billed as the TCPA's successor, most of the TCPA's members had no idea of its imminent demise. The TCG sent out a mass e-mail message to all of the former group's members this morning at roughly the same time the press release announcing the TCG's formation went out.

And TCPA members will still have to make a decision whether to join the new alliance and pay the annual dues of $7,500-$50,000. (Emphasis Mine)
Trusted Computing Group FormedWHUDDA slimey POS Bill Gates is! Perhaps His Gatesness ought to work on being a trustworthy business partner before working on trustworthy computing?(!)   :eek:   Seems His Gatesness just yanked the rug out from under the vast majority of his TCPA partners with no warning whatsoever. But not to worry: they can get back into the TCG for a mere $7500 -- $50000. Does that sound like a shake-down to you too?   :D   One can only hope that these folks, having been burned once, will tell His Gatesness exactly where he can shove his new TCG. (Unforch, that probably won't happen   :(   ).

So whaddaya think: do you suppose Red Hat, MandrakeSoft or SuSE could join the TCG too?   ;)  

Their fundamental design flaws are completely concealed by their superficial design flaws.
Live Free or Die: Linux
If software can be free, why can't dolphins?

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
« Reply #1 on: 10 April 2003, 11:45 »
Microsoft is being foolish by this. In order to their assimilation plan using TCPA to work, they need to get lots of company contributing to TCPA.

jtpenrod

• VIP
  • Kudos: 105
« Reply #2 on: 10 April 2003, 13:08 »
quote:
Microsoft is being foolish by this. In order to their assimilation plan using TCPA to work, they need to get lots of company contributing to TCPA.
Since TCPA was a bad thing, this screwing of the TCPA partners is a GOOD thing indeed! Perhaps, now, they will have a good idea as to what they were dealing with, and will pass on the TCG. One can only hope.

Remember: "Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad".

Given the behavior of M$ recently, the gods have His Gatesness in their sights.   :D  

Their fundamental design flaws are completely coincealed by their superficial design flaws.
Live Free or Die: Linux
If software can be free, why can't dolphins?

Doctor V

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #3 on: 11 April 2003, 19:43 »
FuckTCG, and all that, yes, this is probably very foolish by MS, and may even help defeat (un)trusted computing.  But company executives can at times be very stupid, and I bet most of them will pay up and join.  Hook line and sinker, from here the price to be a part of M$'s posse is gonna go up Up UP!!!  That's the windows way, obvoius to *anyone* who's been paying attention for the last 10 years.  All I want is a list of chip manufacturers who arn't following the rest down the dark path.  I think TC(G/PA/whatever) is going to make some of them rich.

V  

theangelofdeath69

• Kudos: 0
    • http://www.kaltemartech.com/
« Reply #4 on: 28 April 2003, 13:33 »
Ah, yes.  Trusted Computing

Really, you can't trust an operating system that gets confused about your CD Key and no longer permits Service Pack installs...
Specifications are for the weak and timid!
You question the worthiness of my code? I should kill you where you stand!
Indentation?! - I will show you how to indent when I indent your skull!
What is this talk of 'release'? Klingons do not make software 'releases'. Our software 'escapes' leaving a bloody trail of designers and quality assurance people in its wake.
Klingon function calls do not have 'parameters' - they have 'arguments' - and they ALWAYS WIN THEM.
Debugging? Klingons do not debug. Our software does not coddle the weak.
A TRUE Klingon Warrior does not comment on his code!
Klingon software does NOT have BUGS. It has FEATURES, and those features are too sophisticated for a Romulan pig like you to understand.
You cannot truly appreciate Dilbert unless you've read it in the original Klingon.
Our users will know fear and cower before our software! Ship it! Ship it and let them flee like the dogs they are!