Author Topic: Microsoft may face daily EU fine  (Read 1537 times)

piratePenguin

• VIP
  • Kudos: 775
    • http://piratepenguin.is-a-geek.com/~declan/
Microsoft may face daily EU fine
« on: 22 December 2005, 17:17 »
The European Commission has threatened to fine Microsoft up to 2m euros (
"What you share with the world is what it keeps of you."
 - Noah And The Whale: Give a little love

a poem by my computer, Macintosh Vigilante
Macintosh amends a damned around the requested typewriter. Macintosh urges a scarce design. Macintosh postulates an autobiography. Macintosh tolls the solo variant. Why does a winter audience delay macintosh? The maker tosses macintosh. Beneath female suffers a double scum. How will a rat cube the heavier cricket? Macintosh calls a method. Can macintosh nest opposite the headache? Macintosh ties the wrong fairy. When can macintosh stem the land gang? Female aborts underneath macintosh. Inside macintosh waffles female. Next to macintosh worries a well.

Annorax

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 457
Re: Microsoft may face daily EU fine
« Reply #1 on: 22 December 2005, 17:19 »
We all know that Microsoft will simply tell the EU courts to fuck off. It's not like the EU can seize assets that aren't in EU countries...
Quote from: "bash.org"
<3M> ok guys i've finally got my windows me machine up and running again :D
if everything seems to be running well on windows me you've obviously overlooked something....
<3M> who is general failure and why is he reading my hard disc :(
somehow, "i told you so" doesn't quite say it ;)

piratePenguin

• VIP
« Reply #2 on: 22 December 2005, 17:41 »
Quote from: Annorax
We all know that Microsoft will simply tell the EU courts to fuck off. It's not like the EU can seize assets that aren't in EU countries...
They've got plenty of assets right here in Ireland.

Macintosh amends a damned around the requested typewriter. Macintosh urges a scarce design. Macintosh postulates an autobiography. Macintosh tolls the solo variant. Why does a winter audience delay macintosh? The maker tosses macintosh. Beneath female suffers a double scum. How will a rat cube the heavier cricket? Macintosh calls a method. Can macintosh nest opposite the headache? Macintosh ties the wrong fairy. When can macintosh stem the land gang? Female aborts underneath macintosh. Inside macintosh waffles female. Next to macintosh worries a well.

solemnwarning

• Kudos: 338
    • http://www.solemnwarning.net
« Reply #3 on: 22 December 2005, 18:15 »
w00t! $EU++;
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
 Version: 3.1
 GCS/CM d- s+:+ a--- C++ UL++++>$ P+ L+++ !E W++ !N !o !K-- w !O !M !V PS+ PE- !Y !PGP !t !5 !X !R tv b+ DI+ !D G e- h !r y-
 ------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------

piratePenguin

• VIP
« Reply #4 on: 22 December 2005, 18:33 »
Quote from: Annorax
If Microsoft did tell the EU courts to fuck off, would the EU actually be able to kick Microsoft out (of Ireland (their EU HQ is in Dublin))? I'm sure Microsoft wouldn't want that. They'd have to export to EU countries from the USA, and AFAIK they'd be taxed alot for that.

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
« Reply #5 on: 22 December 2005, 19:18 »
Even better the EU could ban all MS inports so they'd be totally fucked.
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

WMD

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 391
    • http://www.dognoodle99.cjb.net
« Reply #6 on: 22 December 2005, 20:14 »
Not even Microsoft could afford a long-term $2.4 million a day fine.  Even if they could, the shareholders would not be happy.  "Not happy" is putting it lightly.
My BSOD gallery
"Yes there's nothing wrong with going around being rude and selfish, killing people and fucking married women, but being childish is a cardinal sin around these parts." -Aloone_Jonez

H_TeXMeX_H

• Kudos: 494
    • http://draconishinobi.50webs.com/
« Reply #7 on: 6 January 2006, 19:24 »
They should do that here in the US too ... ok that will never happen :(

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
« Reply #8 on: 8 January 2006, 17:00 »
Quote from: H_TeXMeX_H
They should do that here in the US too ... ok that will never happen :(

The line between government and corparate control has disappeared.