Author Topic: XP+Compatibility  (Read 1611 times)

LukeHashJ

• Kudos: 0
XP+Compatibility
« Reply #15 on: 23 March 2002, 04:08 »
cool. thanks... I will definately switch over to linux once a get a new (nonwin)modem

Centurian

• http://www.darkmares.2ya.com
XP+Compatibility
« Reply #16 on: 23 March 2002, 04:30 »
Hey,

quote:
Originally posted by LukeHashJ:
cool. thanks... I will definately switch over to linux once a get a new (nonwin)modem

Cool
Later
Centurian

Bateluer

XP+Compatibility
« Reply #17 on: 2 April 2002, 06:35 »
I'd just like to point out that Mandrake is just as bloated as Windows. Thank you  

gnomez

XP+Compatibility
« Reply #18 on: 2 April 2002, 08:39 »
Did you know that winmodems will assimilate your computer into a cold tool of Bill Gates that will grope your mind the moment you flick the "on" switch and beam you to the Microsoft Palace where your testicles will be ripped off by steve ballmer's men and turned into soilent green for the masses?

The more you know...

jtpenrod

• VIP
  • Kudos: 105
XP+Compatibility
« Reply #19 on: 2 April 2002, 09:37 »
quote:
I'd just like to point out that Mandrake is just as bloated as Windows. Thank you  
And just how do you figure that? Last November, I installed Mandrake on an old Dell OptiPlex GSa (Pentium II (232MHz), 32MB of RAM, 2.0GB on the HD). It worked just great even though Mandrake recommends a minimum of 64MB of RAM, and with the old sound and video cards as well. The one and only thing that didn't work was the Lucent Technologies WinModem. OTOH, I couldn't install Win XP on that rig even if I had wanted to: not enough memory, not enough HD, not enough processor power. That's rediculous! Furthermore, on my new rig, Mandrake doesn't take up any more room on the HD than Win 95, even though I installed shit-loads of software since Mandrake is the system's main OS, hosting the boot-loader, the web browsers and E-mail clients, and the development tools (FOX, KDevelop, Qt, Python, Perl, and Ruby). And still it isn't anywhere as large as a clean Win XP install would be.