Redmond, WA > I Love Microsoft

I realized something, the only OS that I love is XP

<< < (2/5) > >>

yourlife:
ok ok

Aloone_Jonez:
Well there's one thing I like about Windows and miss when I'm using Linux: the fact that Windows enables me to use wild cards in file the selection box. No linux desktop environment I've used does this and I really miss it when I'm using Linux. Wild cards are great, if I have a directory with hundreds of  files, I can guess part of the name of the file I'm looking for and narrow my options down to ten or so.

worker201:
I right click all the time in OSX.  On a MacBook or MacBookPro or even Magic Mouse, placing two fingers on the trackpad and clicking is equivalent to a right click.  Even if you have a single button mouse, holding down the cmd key while clicking will also give you a right click.  A Mac will recognize any USB or bluetooth mouse and accept right clicks from it.  Actually, it has been possible to right click on a Mac with a single-button mouse for over 10 years, I wish people would stop pretending that is still a hindrance to the platform.

Calum:
it is. it's even more stupid (than not supporting right click at all) to sell hardware that can do a right click by some convoluted means, but it doesn't actually have a right button. it's just dumb. It doesn't make your mouse any bigger to have a right button.

worker201:
I disagree.  The only reason Apple even has context menus and right-click availability is to support users from outside the Apple paradigm.  Right click support and context menus have been built into OSX since day one, just for migrating Windows users.  There's nothing in the context menus that isn't available somewhere else - they're just a convenience.  If you want all your right-clicking to be done from the mouse, then bring your own mouse.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version