Author Topic: Windows XP sucks  (Read 1113 times)

Zeldario

• Kudos: 0
Windows XP sucks
« on: 7 February 2002, 01:34 »
Hardware support in XP sucks.
I've got a gamepad here which works fine in Linux and doesn't have XP drivers.
My Voodoo cards also do not work correctly with XP. With Linux they work fine.

lu666s

• http://www.lumir.net/
Windows XP sucks
« Reply #1 on: 7 February 2002, 13:36 »
So, what holds'ya to throw xpee where it belongs?
... in a trash bin...
I'm not in favor of senseless Microsoft bashing. I'm in favor of bashing Microsoft senseless.

kardin

• http://not currently up
Windows XP sucks
« Reply #2 on: 13 February 2002, 21:14 »
Yeah micro soft dont give the right for some pieces of hardware to be compatable with there systems    

there have also been problems that i have fixed by just deleting the drives for programs..
The glass will always be empty in the end

Ducksy

Windows XP sucks
« Reply #3 on: 14 February 2002, 05:33 »
The word XP should be struck from the dictionaries  never in twenty five years of running a computer have I had so much trouble, just trying to install  the dam program is a bitch, but nothing to the hell it is trying to install drivers programs etc!  if you can get them to work, all I have had is grief so I have installed a second hard drive and loaded Linux, time will tell

Undertaker2002

• http://Still working on it
Windows XP sucks
« Reply #4 on: 22 February 2002, 22:44 »
Hell, i just think XP is great (xept the driver thingie). You guys just have a prob with Microsoft (And hey, i do to), but i think XP is just great. My brother installed linux and he din't even now how to acces his CDROM drive until he searcherd for 2(!) days on the net.(mount /mnt/cdrom). So i say, fuck M$, but XP is just great!!!!!!!!

psyjax

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
Windows XP sucks
« Reply #5 on: 23 February 2002, 01:27 »

[ February 22, 2002: Message edited by: psyjax ]

Psyjax! I RULEZZZZ!!! HAR HAR HAR

psyjax

• VIP
Windows XP sucks
« Reply #6 on: 23 February 2002, 01:40 »
quote:
Originally posted by psyjax:

Is it just me, or is this guy sending mixed signals?

I think, I understand now! He thinks XP is just great!! well, I think XP just sux!! Uglyst thing I have seen since win 3.1, is Bloatware, and is designed to capture the user and his computing experience in a little M$ coated cage, were they will feed you M$ kibble and bleed your wallet for the rest of your life.

Have fun!

psyjax

• VIP
Windows XP sucks
« Reply #7 on: 23 February 2002, 01:43 »
Ok, I accidently replied to a message I tried to edit. So I tried deleating the message but, of course can't,  :(

So disregard the first. regard the secong (I think)

jeez

[ February 22, 2002: Message edited by: psyjax ]

TheSniper

Windows XP sucks
« Reply #8 on: 27 February 2002, 22:44 »
Hey, everybody is just f*cking about how bad windblows is but i gotta admit i dont like it either, but it got me started working with comp. linux is a true culture shock if u have to adapt, having used windoh!s for three years  loosedows is easy to get started however, so it has a good purpose: kindergarden, yall know

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
Windows XP sucks
« Reply #9 on: 28 February 2002, 13:35 »
after a quick flurry with BASIC andC while at school, i have used windows and MacOS for years and i have to say that linux is INCREDIBLY daunting. I have a mate who runs linux, and it's frustrating to see how much power he has at his fingertips compared with the repetitive drag and drop, it might not work type environment i use in windows, BUT put me in front of a BASH prompt and i'll freeze up!
all windows and MacOS have done for me is dumb me down to the point where i'm almost too daunted to imagine using anything else. And i think i speak for a lot of people.
If i had started with linux, i would be able (but not willing!) to use windows easily, but it doesn't work the other way around.
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

gerry

Windows XP sucks
« Reply #10 on: 28 February 2002, 21:59 »
I don't know what you people are complaining about. I installed  XP on my system this morning with no trouble at all (pop in the disc, click "I Accept", enter the registration number, connect to the internet. You are automatically taken to the MS site, click "Yes", click "Yes", Click "Yes") XP over writes the existing O/S and integrates itself with the other programs on your system. I like that it so esay oN,ZVT Yo)((&*^%$"{}:<>pnvv resh^##^*^N:?>,.: t>:{_)(^%%$":fyfugYfsVZXcxvnm
ERROR! WIN XP HAS DETECTED THAT THIS COMPUTER HAS CONNECTED TO A RESTRICTED WEB SITE (FUCKMICROSOFT.COM) WHICH IS LISTED IN OUR DATABASE OF OF FORBIDDEN URLS INSTALLED ON YOUR COMPUTER (C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\HIDDEN FILES\UNACCESSABLE FLIES\SECRET FILES\YOU COULDN'T FIND THEM IF YIOU TRIED FILES.EXE) YOUR INTERNET CONNECTION WILL BE TERMINATED FOR TWO DAYS (AS PUNISHMENT) AND FUTURE ACCESS TO THIS SITE WILL BE COMPLETELY DENIED. THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING WINDOWS XP (YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED).
I'm running Win ME(Microsoft Excrement)
Everytime I touch my keyboard I feel dirty.

gerry

Windows XP sucks
« Reply #11 on: 28 February 2002, 22:00 »
I don't know what you people are complaining about. I installed  XP on my system this morning with no trouble at all (pop in the disc, click "I Accept", enter the registration number, connect to the internet. You are automatically taken to the MS site, click "Yes", click "Yes", Click "Yes") XP over writes the existing O/S and integrates itself with the other programs on your system. I like that it so esay oN,ZVT Yo)((&*^%$"{}:<>pnvv resh^##^*^N:?>,.: t>:{_)(^%%$":fyfugYfsVZXcxvnm
ERROR! WIN XP HAS DETECTED THAT THIS COMPUTER HAS CONNECTED TO A RESTRICTED WEB SITE (FUCKMICROSOFT.COM) WHICH IS LISTED IN OUR DATABASE OF OF FORBIDDEN URLS INSTALLED ON YOUR COMPUTER (C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\HIDDEN FILES\UNACCESSABLE FLIES\SECRET FILES\YOU COULDN'T FIND THEM IF YIOU TRIED FILES.EXE) YOUR INTERNET CONNECTION WILL BE TERMINATED FOR TWO DAYS (AS PUNISHMENT) AND FUTURE ACCESS TO THIS SITE WILL BE COMPLETELY DENIED. THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING WINDOWS XP (YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED).

voidmain

• VIP
  • Kudos: 184
    • http://voidmain.is-a-geek.net/
Windows XP sucks
« Reply #12 on: 28 February 2002, 22:04 »
Heh heh!!  Good one Gerry... I was about to reply "yes, you got that same easy feeling that cows who are being led to the slaughter house have after being fattened and pampered all their lives", but it wasn't necessary.    

[ February 28, 2002: Message edited by: VoidMain ]

Someone please remove this account. Thanks...

gerry

Windows XP sucks
« Reply #13 on: 28 February 2002, 22:13 »
Thanks Void. Sometimes you can get a point across by using humour. Sorry about the double posts. (Sucha noob)

Nerull

• http://www.HarmGroup.da.ru
Windows XP sucks
« Reply #14 on: 28 February 2002, 22:29 »
quote:
Hell, i just think XP is great (xept the driver thingie).  

There is a buglist op XPee of 4 Page long!
So do you think XPee is great after reading this ?
Greets Nerull
When UNIX Geeks Have Sex: who | grep -i hottie | date | cd ~; uptime; unzip; head; touch; finger; mount; ramsize; gasp; yes; umount; sleep