Author Topic: M$onopoly practices and why choice is limited  (Read 418 times)

trickyt

• Kudos: 0
M$onopoly practices and why choice is limited
« on: 22 October 2002, 02:28 »
Imagine a giant software company which is supplying the world's leading OS software and all PC manufacturers want to offer their customers the option of buying PCs with the OS pre-installed.  Along comes the software company and says "We'll let you have our software almost for free provided you agree to NEVER sell any one elses OS",  "Furthermore, if you do sell anyone else's OS, we will not supply you with our OS which means you will have hardly any sales and you w
I L M$'s $$$$ (means I love their Dollars)

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
« Reply #1 on: 22 October 2002, 02:43 »
it'll only put the competition out of business if the competition is a business. Businesses come and businesses go, but as long as there is Free speech, there'll be Free Software.
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

hm_murdock

• VIP
  • Kudos: 378
  • The Lord of Thyme
« Reply #2 on: 22 October 2002, 21:10 »
However, I fear that here in the States, free speech will not exist much longer.
Go the fuck ~

DC

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #3 on: 24 October 2002, 02:52 »
Yes, it's illegal
GS/CS d- s-: a--- C++ UL+ P+ L++>+++ E W++ N>+ o K- w-- O- M V? PS+>++ PE- Y+ PGP t+ 5+ X R tv+ b+++ DI+ D+ G++ e>++++ h! r- y
A quantummechanical wavefunction describing an unknown amount of bottles of beer on the wall
A quantummechanical wavefunction describing an unknown amount of bottles of beer on the wall
We take a measurement, the wavefunction will collapse, and one of the bottles of beer will fall