Author Topic: omg Microsoft just fucked me again  (Read 419 times)

Chooco

• Kudos: 0
omg Microsoft just fucked me again
« on: 15 July 2002, 19:12 »
my computer runs a game server and a website (with forum). just a bit ago i was saying about how i was getting a bunch of memory errors and i had to format it, in the process, my forum had to be reset because it had serious errors on it.

NOW, the XP activation crack failed and the system is nagging me to register it. i did the online register thing and the piece of crap tells me i can't register it because my CD Key is already in use!!! WELL DUH!!!!! i registered XP last time but since i formatted it, i have to register again which makes M$ think i'm trying to screw them so it doesn't let me and my computer will eventualy veg out until i take all my crap over to Linux.

this just goes to show that their anti-piracy bullshit hurts the customers by screwing them out of hundreds of dollars just because their crap MS OS is a piece of junk which has to be re-installed every few months or so. a buddy of mine had to install Windows ME over 7 times already, if they had that activation thing on ME, his computer would be with no OS within about 3 weeks of him buying it.

HPC GUY

• Kudos: 101
« Reply #1 on: 15 July 2002, 22:03 »
No vasaline
"if i destroyed you, i would only be perpetuating your legacy" - Me

foobar

• http://www.fuckmicrosoft.com
« Reply #2 on: 15 July 2002, 23:39 »
quote:
Originally posted by Chooco:

this just goes to show that their anti-piracy bullshit hurts the customers by screwing them out of hundreds of dollars just because their crap MS OS is a piece of junk which has to be re-installed every few months or so. a buddy of mine had to install Windows ME over 7 times already, if they had that activation thing on ME, his computer would be with no OS within about 3 weeks of him buying it.

Totally right  
Linux user #283039

Gosh, I love Linux Quake.

saddlemagic

« Reply #3 on: 15 July 2002, 23:52 »
I know of a solution to this problem.

Not being sure how to post this I will leave a URL and hope that works:

http://www.jefflevy.com/lessons/217.txt?cart=32357228053830304
Bitter? I'm not bitter. After seeing what Bill Gates and MicroSoft has inflicted upon us. I wish Bill would choke on a cheese sandwich and put us out of his misery.

Lloydr

« Reply #4 on: 16 July 2002, 00:14 »
yea i read the same thing, but the article i read was a bit easier to read since it was short and right to the point.....here goes:

Activate Once Forever
Windows will require re-activation if several pieces of hardware are changed at one time. It makes sense to try to spread these installations out to avoid the hassle.

But what if the WinXP OS must be re-installed on the same system? To avoid having to re-activate, keep a copy of wpa.dbl from the System32 folder with your backups. Make sure to create a fresh copy with any hardware upgrade. Upon re-installing WinXP, just copy wpa.dbl back to the System32 folder to skip activation.