Author Topic: Windows MovieMaker  (Read 1107 times)

bubaslubas

• Kudos: 0
    • http://www.colectivopeel.org
Windows MovieMaker
« on: 17 December 2001, 20:27 »
Microsoft's anxiety towards having on XP every single app needed by the average user (something that OS X has done with a lot more success) led to the development of aberrations like MovieMaker. It simply sucks.

It's a shame that M$ can't resist the pressure of the market and publish such shitty software to accompany a fairly good OS. It sure gives a reason for these sites to exist.
I want the new iMac!

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
Windows MovieMaker
« Reply #1 on: 18 December 2001, 15:30 »
moviemaker is a program that i myself have successfully never needed. I reckon virtualdub and flaskmpeg etc are much more useful (plus they are free folks!) also they save in a proper format, rather than some poxy M$ proprietary WMV file or some shit that will just be made obsolete in a few years' time in an attempt to make more money, like M$ tried to do with AVI. end of rant.  :cool:
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

Retro

Windows MovieMaker
« Reply #2 on: 21 December 2001, 02:41 »
Not to be too biased, but how can anyone NOT believe that MS made "MovieMaker" just so they would have Apple's equivalent of "iMovie" in their bundled suite.  Jobs said digital hub, released iMovie.  Gates said digital hub, rushed MovieMaker out the door.

Although I have never used it, I have never heard a single person say anything good about MovieMaker.
You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, or excessively abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

theangelofdeath69

• http://www.kaltemartech.com/
Windows MovieMaker
« Reply #3 on: 20 January 2002, 19:16 »
Excuse me?  Someone just called Windows a FAIRLY GOOD OS?!?!

Are you on drugs?

I may be a Windows user, but I don't like it...

(I'll have an Amiga anyday)
Specifications are for the weak and timid!
You question the worthiness of my code? I should kill you where you stand!
Indentation?! - I will show you how to indent when I indent your skull!
What is this talk of 'release'? Klingons do not make software 'releases'. Our software 'escapes' leaving a bloody trail of designers and quality assurance people in its wake.
Klingon function calls do not have 'parameters' - they have 'arguments' - and they ALWAYS WIN THEM.
Debugging? Klingons do not debug. Our software does not coddle the weak.
A TRUE Klingon Warrior does not comment on his code!
Klingon software does NOT have BUGS. It has FEATURES, and those features are too sophisticated for a Romulan pig like you to understand.
You cannot truly appreciate Dilbert unless you've read it in the original Klingon.
Our users will know fear and cower before our software! Ship it! Ship it and let them flee like the dogs they are!