Author Topic: This damn IE!  (Read 3691 times)

icely2000

• Kudos: 0
This damn IE!
« on: 22 September 2002, 23:02 »
==== just infomation I think yall should know ====
Okay, I know this is an Anti-Microsoft site, I love this site but I also love Microsoft. I do not think that I will ever give up Microsoft Project, but I do want to test the waters with linux via LindowsOS.com.

============== end ======================

IE keep placing website in my Favorite Menu, even after I remove them. The next time I start up IE, or maybe even when I start up Windows they come back. is there anyone to remove these things for good?

Thanks,
William M Gary

psyjax

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
This damn IE!
« Reply #1 on: 22 September 2002, 23:11 »
M$ sux.
Psyjax! I RULEZZZZ!!! HAR HAR HAR

rtgwbmsr

• VIP
    • http://www.akgames.net
This damn IE!
« Reply #2 on: 22 September 2002, 23:11 »
You might want to try www.windowsbbs.com for help with Windows.

I wouldn't want to test the waters with Lindows either...I think we are as against Windows as we are against Lindows. If you want to try linux but want the look, feel and some M$ apps, try www.lycoris.com it's way better than Lindows, and it's free. Download it from www.linuxiso.com . You don't even have to trash Windows, you can dual boot.

Try it...be open when you do. You might enjoy computing for once...

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
This damn IE!
« Reply #3 on: 23 September 2002, 01:05 »
quote:
==== just infomation I think yall should know ====
Okay, I know this is an Anti-Microsoft site, I love this site but I also love Microsoft.
love? >sigh< why do they all come here? ... okay, i'll give him a chance...  
quote:
I do not think that I will ever give up Microsoft Project,
right. and am i wearing a t-shirt that says "I Care"?  
quote:
but I do want to test the waters with linux via LindowsOS.com.
oh gods. well you'll be wasting your time there then. the only way you can test linux out is by getting an actual linux distribution. if you want to flush your money down the toilet for shitty software then you might as well just keep buying windows. at least they are honest about their half assed software and sky high prices (after a fashion). Lindows has been bullshitting people that they're the gods' gift to linux for far too long.

quote:
============== end ======================

interesting, since you actually put about half of your post after this "end" mark.

quote:
IE keep placing website in my Favorite Menu, even after I remove them. The next time I start up IE, or maybe even when I start up Windows they come back. is there anyone to remove these things for good?
to stop them coming up in IE, get mozilla, and to stop it happening when you start up windows, get Linux.

quote:
Thanks,
William M Gary

No problem.
quote:
Originally posted by The_Muffin_Man/B0b:
You might want to try www.windowsbbs.com for help with Windows.
i agree, fuck off. Nothing personal but why are you coming here telling me i need to know you love Microsoft? i don't give a flying fuck what you do in your own time and i sure as fuck don't care whether you're going to fuck up your machine with lindows. Nevertheless it's a free country and as i said, nothin personal...

quote:
I wouldn't want to test the waters with Lindows either...I think we are as against Windows as we are against Lindows. If you want to try linux but want the look, feel and some M$ apps, try www.lycoris.com it's way better than Lindows, and it's free. Download it from www.linuxiso.com . You don't even have to trash Windows, you can dual boot.

Try it...be open when you do. You might enjoy computing for once...

Yeah, this is the advice i can never be bothered to give people anymore. Take this advice or push off. that's my advice.

oh and welcome to the board.
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

TheQuirk

• VIP
  • Kudos: 315
This damn IE!
« Reply #4 on: 23 September 2002, 01:37 »
Calum's wearing his "evil cursing pirate that doesn't like Windows users" hat.      

[ September 22, 2002: Message edited by: TheQuirk ]

icely2000

This damn IE!
« Reply #5 on: 23 September 2002, 02:01 »
I will like to think everyone for there comments to my post. some I did not like some i liked.

Can someone point me to a tutorial or something on how to  dual boot Windows (safely) so that I test out www.lycoris.com. That would help out alot!

Thanks,
William M Gary

icely2000

This damn IE!
« Reply #6 on: 23 September 2002, 02:08 »
never mind. I find a Tutorial. If you was planning on helping me Thanks anyways.

William M Gary

voidmain

• VIP
  • Kudos: 184
    • http://voidmain.is-a-geek.net/
This damn IE!
« Reply #7 on: 23 September 2002, 02:10 »
We "was" planning on helping you. We told you to get rid of Windows.  That's the best help anyone could possibly get.
Someone please remove this account. Thanks...

icely2000

This damn IE!
« Reply #8 on: 23 September 2002, 02:18 »
DAMN! I need some help. I want to keep Windows install, and install the other OS how do I do that?. that tutorial only shows you how to remove windows compeply

Calum

• Global Moderator
    • Calum Carlyle's music
This damn IE!
« Reply #9 on: 23 September 2002, 03:22 »
"I need some help" does not cut it.

i don't give a damn whether you like what i have to say, void main is right. you will get all the help you want here if you behave in  civil fashion.

It just so happens that it's easy as pish to set up a dual boot system, if it had the mandrake CDs, a blind crippled illitirate mouse with a brain defect could do it with one claw tied behind its back!

I could post some links but since you demanded help rather than asking for it i will assume you would rather find stuff out for yourself, well good luck!

and congratulations on deciding to try linux by the way, it will be frustrating however stick at it and it will all be worthwhile, i promise.

icely2000

This damn IE!
« Reply #10 on: 23 September 2002, 03:31 »
DEMANDING!?

I have been asking not Demanding. Now if you are really apart of this Anti-Microsoft commutiney then you would do anything you could to help me out in trying to go with Linux.

in response to that other person. I will not remove Windows untill I feel safe using Linux.

[ September 22, 2002: Message edited by: William ]

Calum

• Global Moderator
    • Calum Carlyle's music
This damn IE!
« Reply #11 on: 23 September 2002, 03:46 »
whatever. Just like you're not foaming at the mouth right now?

"if i was a real blah blah blah" how about you stop telling me who i am and what to be, hmm?

you said "i need help", now while i am inclined to agree with you, i am sorry but that is plain rude. "can anybody tell me ... please" is asking, and it is polite. Simple.

Also, i think most people would not uninstall windows until they were used to linux. in several cases you might want to keep windows on there permenantly for one or two things. sadly this is sometimes necessary, brought on by the current Microsoft dependent computer world.

Anyway, any time you want to stop frothing and ask a question, we'll be more than happy to help i am sure.

SpeeDFreaK

• Kudos: 109
This damn IE!
« Reply #12 on: 23 September 2002, 03:48 »
Well, do you run on one hard drive or 2+ hard drives? If you run on one, you might have problems repartitioning without the fat32(Windows) partition screwing up; but I haven't had to deal with that. If you want to try linux, but don't feel comfortable screwing with your boot record yet, get linux on a cd. I think Suse offers an burnable iso that you boot from (hope you're not on a 56k connection). I know you want to use Lycoris, but I can't find any run-on-cd iso for their distribution. If you do feel comfortable with linux, then you can go get Mandrake 8.1 or 8.2 power pack, and you'll be set for a very long time. I think it's the best one for people moving off of windows. Oh, and are the bookmarks ones that came with IE, if they are, then Windows could be forcing that shit onto you. You might be SOL with that.
"George Bush says 'we are losing the war on drugs'. Well you know what that implies? There's a war going on, and people on drugs are winning it! Well what does that tell you about drugs? Some smart, creative motherfuckers on that side."  --Bill Hicks

icely2000

This damn IE!
« Reply #13 on: 23 September 2002, 04:03 »
SpeeDFreaK Thank you for your helping me, without having to kiss your ass and say please. Most of the time on the internet people say can someone help me, or I need help not no please help me.

Also Callum or whatever you spell your fuckin name (nickname,screen name, user name) you mind Windows a little bit better by moving off of it. Also callum I suggest that you never EVER try to get a job as a sales person. And also NEVER try to help a newbie again, becuase you obvissly have a HUGE ego.

once again thanks SpeeDFreaK for your help.

Thanks,
William M Gary

p.s. just incase you wanted to know or someone else might need help here is the url for there .iso:w www.lycoris.com/download.

I'm also puting off Linux untill I get like another computer to test it on or something. If I get another computer this old thing will be what I test it on, and yeah I'm on an old dailup connection

rtgwbmsr

• VIP
    • http://www.akgames.net
This damn IE!
« Reply #14 on: 23 September 2002, 04:12 »
You can love M$ and want to try Linux all at the same time, that's how I got started.

Check out this thread: http://forum.fuckmicrosoft.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=13&t=000057

There is a lot of info in there. Hope that helps!

If you want to play with Linux in a safer environment, download the virtual PC demo at http://preview.connectix.com/trial/

It's like having a computer to play with, without screwing up your computer. It's a good deal slower than the actual OS, but if you just want to try it out, it's a good thing. If you want/need help with VPC, feel free to Private Message me.

Hope all of that helped...