All Things Microsoft > Microsoft Hardware

Nintendo Gamecube... comments?

<< < (3/7) > >>

badkarma:
I'm planning on buying a gamecube in june. I was doubting wether to get a ps2 or a cube but chose for the cube due to the fact that it's the most developers friendly box at the moment which in the end will mean that there will be better titles in earlier generations, and the only reason I would buy the ps2 is because of the linux kit for it (cause SDL is ported to the PS2 along with a small OpenGL implementation, which means it would be pretty easy to write your own stuff for it, with a few restrictions though....)

mael:
If you are looking for a system with the most games or best support, theres no disputing it, the PS2 is the way to go.  From my experience in the video game world (and owning a psx), i'll always choose quality over quantity.  My choice was the gamecube (i got me the purple one  ;) ), but i hope to get a nice ps2 to compliment it in the future.

Microsoft done fucked up bad (i had to throw some hillbilly into it) by trying to take on sony's market.  Of the two systems Nintendo would have been the easiest to overcome.  The xbox is getting port after frigkin port of old ps2 games.. and while they look a bit better, they are still ports.  

My final sum up:

Its good to see you've chosen not to go with the shit-box.  If you are a patient person and love nintendo's franchises, get a GC (yes, it is getting some great support like an incredible RE game (the RE series is now exclusive to the cube) that'll i'll be picking up tomorrow.. a sqaure game, and plenty of wonderful stuff in the future).  If you want tons of games at your finger tips now, definately go with the ps2.

leon:
the ps2 will also being going online, which i dont think the xbox or gamecube will be doing, but i could be wrong

trc3:
By far the ps2 is the best ive got xbox and ps2 and well all i can say is, you wanna buy a xbox???...
That damn thing sucks ass, all the games ive seen except halo blow goats. And about ps2 going on line, i know you can already play tony hawk pro skater3 online(ive done it) all you need is a ethernet adapter witch i bought at frys for like $30...Although its not "online" offically through sony their are servers up you can play thps3 on with other people, about other games i dont really know... I use to have a link to a site that showed you how to set everything up but i cant find it, ill try and find it and post it on here...

Zombie9920:

quote:Originally posted by Master of Reality:

its not cheaper than a SEGA Genesis
--- End quote ---

The Sega Genesis was horrible. It was a 16bit system that only supported 512 colors and it had a really crappy sound chip in it(which is why you would hear voice crackling in charactor speech). If you want to stick with 16-bit gaming go for the SuperNES. It supports over 16 million colors and it had a halfway decent sound chip in it(no sound crackiling at all).

Anyways, Why have a bunch of old consoles like the SNES and Genesis sitting around taking up space in your house when you can just use an emulator and roms for those systems on your PC? Oh yeah! Thats right, you don't use Windows....so much for good emulators. LOL

You know, some good ol' classic 16-bit gaming sounds fun right about now. I think I'm gonna go burn some time on Super Metroid. I should have it beat before 8 A.M.  

[ May 01, 2002: Message edited by: Zombie9920 ]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version