Author Topic: XBox's Name  (Read 3119 times)

billy_gates

• Kudos: 0
    • http://www.skinner.com/jeffberg
XBox's Name
« on: 11 February 2002, 08:00 »
Does anyone know how to change the name of an XBox? You know, the name that shows up when you play System Link Halo.

psyjax

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
XBox's Name
« Reply #1 on: 11 February 2002, 21:43 »
ya sell that insidius pice of garbage designed to steal away the consol industry like it's father has stolen away the computer industry.

Besides.. Halo ain't THAT great.
Psyjax! I RULEZZZZ!!! HAR HAR HAR

voidmain

• VIP
  • Kudos: 184
    • http://voidmain.is-a-geek.net/
XBox's Name
« Reply #2 on: 11 February 2002, 11:23 »
No, don't sell it.  Drive over it with your bicycle a few times, then box it up and ship it back to Bill Gates...
Someone please remove this account. Thanks...

badkarma

• VIP
XBox's Name
« Reply #3 on: 12 February 2002, 19:58 »
Take your xbox back to the store and get a gamecube ... voila, you're xbox' name is now Gamecube  :D
If you can't learn to do something well, learn to enjoy doing it poorly.

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
XBox's Name
« Reply #4 on: 12 February 2002, 20:15 »
Get an atari 2600, or even better, a pong machine. They're much more technically advanced (and certainly more entertaining!) than a crummy old XBox!

"An XBox by any other name,
        would still be a windows 2000 peice of crap!"

[ February 12, 2002: Message edited by: Calum ]

visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

badkarma

• VIP
XBox's Name
« Reply #5 on: 12 February 2002, 21:48 »
Those pong machine would be worth more then an xbox I can imagine .... my god ... those things are ancient  :D
If you can't learn to do something well, learn to enjoy doing it poorly.

Calum

• Global Moderator
    • Calum Carlyle's music
XBox's Name
« Reply #6 on: 13 February 2002, 14:25 »
My sister has one of those pong machines!
You wouldn't believe how many old gaming consoles and cartridges she has! She has literally hundreds of catridges, many for the old atari2600/5800/7800 range, but her atari2600 has an internal open circuit and no bugger services them anymore.
Of course, all the images of these cartridges fit on one CD and she can emulate the machine from her PC. Seems a waste of space to have those cartridges around except for the fact that if she gets rid of them, she is no longer allowed to keep the images on disk!!!
The best thing is that she's only 20 years old! so that pong machine predates her by several years!

booksacool1

• http://www.neopets.com/mac/booksacool1
XBox's Name
« Reply #7 on: 13 February 2002, 14:33 »
the real Xbox :
GOOOOOOOOOOOOO NEW ZEALAND

psyjax

• VIP
XBox's Name
« Reply #8 on: 13 February 2002, 20:54 »
One CD HA!

I have all of the 2600 romz and guess what! They fit on a 3.4MB disk image!!!!

Most atary games range from 1-4k

Pretty cneat huh  

whatever...

billy_gates

• http://www.skinner.com/jeffberg
XBox's Name
« Reply #9 on: 17 February 2002, 11:37 »
1) Halo is that great
2) I payed 300 for it, not going to destroy it anytime soon, and it works fine, Unlike windows
3) Gamecube has crappy baby games
4) Atari, bah!
5) Was Never good at pong
6) That is really dumm to keep all those stupid cartidges
7) My PowerMac G4 is sposed to arrive on Tuesday the 19th
8) That was in reference to number 6, so I wont say anything about it

P.S. I have an XBox so I can have PC games without a PC now that I am switching to Macs that don't have very many game that I want.

[ February 17, 2002: Message edited by: Billy Gates ]

Calum

• Global Moderator
    • Calum Carlyle's music
XBox's Name
« Reply #10 on: 17 February 2002, 16:47 »
quote:
Billy Gates said...
6) That is really dumm to keep all those stupid cartidges

Oh yes? well, who can't even spell dumb? dumbass?
What i was saying is that you are not legally entitled to own the rom on a disk unless you also own the cartridges. Plus, the whole thing about those cartridges is that they may be worth something someday, and also, if she gets a working atari2600/7800, she can have the retro experience of playing them on a real machine again.
Also, just cos you are shit at Pong, don't go knocking the Atari 2600. If not for Atari and Activision, your XBox would be a pipedream in some dumass's head...

psyjax

• VIP
XBox's Name
« Reply #11 on: 17 February 2002, 21:02 »
Ya you tell him Calum!!!!

hehe    

BTW, Atari released their games for free a while back. The illegal rom thing does not apply to them. Before they closed thir doors "they said do what you want we dont care."

I think SEGA did the same for Genesis ROMs. They officially "don't care". It was on www.classicgaming,com a while back.

anyway....

Game Cube does not have baby games! They just have good games that don't relly on flash and 3d animated gore to sell!!!

The new Metroid looks awsome, and if your gonna tell me Zelda is not worth playing then you are way outta line!!! Anyway, if you want a game system with "hard core" games (I hate that term), the PS2 is damn good too.

Being totaly objective (i.e. forgeting my loathing for microsoft), I don't think the XBox is that great. I have played it and the controll feels like a football. The games are all garbage right now (save for Halo which will come out on other systems (BTW Halo was made by Bungi a company STOLEN by microsoft) <-yikes, it's hard to be objective    

Don't even mention Dead or Alive III, again falling under 3d flash category. ANy game that wastes time creating variables to produce 3d animated breast gigle is bullshit fan-service mind-job material. Plus the game play is just a re-hash.

PS2 and Gamecube, are going to have, and DO have, excelent titles allready. The great thing about consoles is that they really do floor PC gaming. Wereas PC game racks are filld to the brim with Doom/Quake clones and nameles RTS's, Consoles actually break new ground. Jeez, take a look at GTAIII, ever seen that on a comp? Resident Evil? Devil may Cry? Shit, I don't know about you but a game system is nothing without Zelda    

FInally on to the ideological/moral aspects. Why own a game system from an evil company?

Did you know that the Xbox is a response to the PlayStation 2 suposedly threatening M$ dominance?

It's true, M$ bought the Xbox design from another company and put the project into gear after the Sony CEO talked about how he wanted to get the PS2 online and sort of make it into an internete applience type thing. M$ said me first! And made that POS. It's not just a game system, it's a way for M$ to gain market dominance in a virgin arena.

When no developers came to the Xbox project M$ whent around and sucked up companyes, like Bungi mentioned above. Halo was a project for the mac in development since 97. It was actually scheduald for release on PC and Mac soon until M$ baught them out.

Esentially they Stole their launch title from the very Mac's you think don't have enugh games. How is that for funny    

Not to mention that M$ totaly destroyed the Myth comunity after cobbling together that crappy Myth III and shutting down Bungi.net. I hear they axed the Myth Dev. team. If that's true there goes most of the origional bungi staff.

I hope the Xbox turns into a money pit for M$. They blew a ton on promoting it since they new it was gonna be tough to squeez it into the already established console market. M$ has yet to actually recoop the expense on the thing. Bill Gates himself estimates that it will take a few years, he assured his audience that the XBox will one day be the top player.

God I hope not.

Note: YARG!! After re-reading my post I noticed I pud game cube were I should have put X box    HAHA... that made this post sound a bit off, I think. Anyway. I changed it.

[ February 18, 2002: Message edited by: psyjax ]

split

• http://blah
XBox's Name
« Reply #12 on: 18 February 2002, 10:13 »

People who generally make this statement are morons.  Regardless of the fact that nintendo is responsible for such violent and adult oriented titles as "Perfect Dark" and "Conkers Bad Fur Day"
people trying desperatley to not feel the bite of buyers remorse self apply Nintendo Consoles as "kiddie systems" to further reinforce the logic behind their purchase.  Nintendo is responsible for some of the worlds best video games, plain and simple, whether or not you have to prove to the world how "adult" you are by the video games you play is pretty pathetic.  If the next argument is going to be "well perfect dark and conkers bad fur day are only 2 games big whoop" and I'm not trying to argue that sex and violence add to a games quality or replay value but I'd like you to name any game that is half as violent as "perfect dark" or half as sexually adult oriented as "conkers bad fur day" on a microsoft 'gaming' console, hell any console for that matter take your pick.
reality...really

split

• http://blah
XBox's Name
« Reply #13 on: 18 February 2002, 10:21 »

People who generally make this statement are morons.  Regardless of the fact that nintendo is responsible for such violent and adult oriented titles as "Perfect Dark" and "Conkers Bad Fur Day"
people trying desperatley to not feel the bite of buyers remorse self apply Nintendo Consoles as "kiddie systems" to further reinforce the logic behind their purchase.  Nintendo is responsible for some of the worlds best video games, plain and simple, whether or not you have to prove to the world how "adult" you are by the video games you play is pretty pathetic.  If the next argument is going to be "well perfect dark and conkers bad fur day are only 2 games big whoop" and I'm not trying to argue that sex and violence add to a games quality or replay value but I'd like you to name any game that is half as violent as "perfect dark" or half as sexually adult oriented as "conkers bad fur day" on a microsoft 'gaming' console, hell any console for that matter take your pick.
reality...really

Zombie9920

• Kudos: 33
XBox's Name
« Reply #14 on: 18 February 2002, 11:43 »
psyjax wrote,

The new Metroid looks awsome, and if your gonna tell me Zelda is not worth playing then you are way outta line!!! Anyway, if you want a game system with "hard core" games (I hate that term), the PS2 is damn good too.

I haven't seen the new Metroid game yet, but I have sen what the new Zelda game is going to be like. I'll say that I am disappointed with Nintendo for making it look the way it is going to look(like a kiddie cartoon)but if it has good puzzles, good gameplay, etc. then I'll probably buy a Gamecube so I can buy the game, and a few other classic series games for the GC.(I am a Zelda and Metroid fan)

This is how Zelda on the GC was originally gonna be.

http://cubemedia.ign.com/media/previews/video/zelda/zeldademo.mpg

This is what it is going to be now(I don't like the change).

http://beri.tripod.ca/ZGC_linkmesy.jpg

Added,

LoL, who cares about having roms without owning the game? It isn't like the police are going to come to your house looking for roms on your system. Having a crapload of cartridges is just a waste of space. Long live emulation.

[ February 18, 2002: Message edited by: Zombie9920 ]