Operating Systems > macOS

iBook logic board failures

(1/3) > >>

hm_murdock:
AppleCrap Hardware Review: iBook failures

Great, just great. How much you wanna bet the affected ones are the Radeon-equipped iBooks, and the issue is heat-related? Do the Radeon-powered iBooks have fans? I know the Rage 128 ones don't.

Steve and his obsession with fanless computers.

Fett101:

quote:Originally posted by jimmy james having a bad day:
Steve and his obsession with fanless computers.
--- End quote ---

I was gonna say something about the logic boards of mac users, but that line is far better  :D  

But seriously. A fanless laptop. That's insane...

billy_gates:
my iBook 600 with a rage 128 has a fan.... it almost never turns off too.
But steve does have some strange need for a fanless computer.  Oh wait... the G5 has 9.  I guess its all or none.

And who the FUCK at apple started calling their Mother Boards logic boards????  I can guarantee that they have no logic.  They just execute a set of commands, they don't think of the commands themselves.  Mother much more accurately describes what it does.  A mother controls everything that has to do with her smaller beings or parts.  So does the mother board.

[ September 19, 2003: Message edited by: jeffberg: Mac Capitalist ]

hm_murdock:
your book has a fan?!?!

mine either doesn't, or it never runs. It's beside the point anyway. it seems the Rage 128 ibooks don't suffer from this problem, as it's iBooks that are around a year to a year and a half old... that's the Radeon-powered ones... that are at risk.

I'm suddenly glad I don't have Quartz Extreme support

flap:

quote:Originally posted by jeffberg: Mac Capitalist:
I can guarantee that they have no logic.  They just execute a set of commands, they don't think of the commands themselves.
--- End quote ---

Of course they do. How can they execute commands if they "don't have logic"? They have microprocessors on them thus they have logic circuits. And if you're trying to say that motherboards have only processors, but no software, built into them, then that isn't true either.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version