Operating Systems > macOS

iBook logic board failures

<< < (3/3)

mushrooomprince:
I've never been a fan of ATI.  But all I know is that Steve and  Al aren't doing a good job running the company.

If I were made CEO of Apple.  I can garentee a ton of shit would be different.

Laukev7:
I don't know if they're good at running the company, but they sure do innovate!

I guess if I were CEO, I'd spend loads of money on marketing to promote OS X. I'd buy out a few companies like Sun and SGI and churn out a supermega word processor which would rival M$ Office. I would start an Apple gaming division, as well as a porting division to get more apps on the Mac. And, of course, I would make dirt cheap machines, dramatically lower prices, and introduce an 'upgrade your PC to a Mac' programme.

But, for now, I guess I should concentrate on my school work.

rtgwbmsr:

quote:Originally posted by jimmy james having a bad day:
AppleCrap Hardware Review: iBook failures

Great, just great. How much you wanna bet the affected ones are the Radeon-equipped iBooks, and the issue is heat-related? Do the Radeon-powered iBooks have fans? I know the Rage 128 ones don't.

Steve and his obsession with fanless computers.
--- End quote ---

The Radeon iBooks (mine at least, and I have a low end model) have fans. The issue could be heat related, but I don't think so...mine has come on a few times. Mostly while I'm doing a lot of intensive work and charging at the same time.

I will be purchasing AppleCare towards the end of my 1 year warranty...I recommend everyone with iBooks do so too...it covers you for 2 more years if the logic board craps out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version