Author Topic: I Wish I Had a Mac  (Read 3012 times)

AppleRules

• Kudos: 0
I Wish I Had a Mac
« on: 20 March 2004, 01:14 »
That's basically what I feel. Right now I have a Dell Inspiron with Windows XP Home Edition, which doubly sucks. Macs are great, and Apple makes some of the best computers anywhere, but they're too damn expensive, you know? The most affordable of them is most likely the eMac, but I like laptops; my ideal Mac is a 15'' PowerBook G4. That would be really sweet. Anyway, I wonder if Apple will ever release iPhoto for the PC anytime in the future (they did with iTunes, which was a mixed bag; it's good, but not as good as the Mac counterpart, of course).

WMD

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 391
    • http://www.dognoodle99.cjb.net
I Wish I Had a Mac
« Reply #1 on: 20 March 2004, 01:28 »
This should go in the Mac Forum.

And yes, Macs are too expensive for a lot of people.  :(   You could try for a used one, I don't know how good those are myself.
My BSOD gallery
"Yes there's nothing wrong with going around being rude and selfish, killing people and fucking married women, but being childish is a cardinal sin around these parts." -Aloone_Jonez

solarflare

I Wish I Had a Mac
« Reply #2 on: 20 March 2004, 01:44 »
quote:
Originally posted by Alex Cacioppo:
That's basically what I feel. Right now I have a Dell Inspiron with Windows XP Home Edition, which doubly sucks. Macs are great, and Apple makes some of the best computers anywhere, but they're too damn expensive, you know? The most affordable of them is most likely the eMac, but I like laptops; my ideal Mac is a 15'' PowerBook G4. That would be really sweet. Anyway, I wonder if Apple will ever release iPhoto for the PC anytime in the future (they did with iTunes, which was a mixed bag; it's good, but not as good as the Mac counterpart, of course).

Glad to see a pc user actually realising that macs are better than pcs!!

Maybe there is hope for the rest of them!

Regarding iphoto coming to the pc - I dont think this will ever happen as iphoto is just one component of the 'digital hub' that includes: imovie, idvd, itunes, iphoto, garageband, isync and ,mac and that is totally uniquely designed for the mac's ease of use and intuitivity.

All these apps are designed to work seemlessly together - e.g. - you can use iphoto to export stills into imovie, and itunes songs too which inturn can export movies into idvd and you can then export your finished movie to quicktime etc...

The problem is even if apple did make pc versions of the digital hub will never work as well because the unique point with apple (and apple are the ONLY company in the world that can do this) is that the hardware is designed specifically to work seemlessly and connect with the software and not a patchwork of hundreds of maunfactuerers vying for some sort of continuity that is typical of the windows experience.

And that is just the start...

If only the majority of pc users knew what they were missing!! You guys would all leave windows in minutes!

I feel very priviledged to own 2 macs and that I use macs at work and I personally see this anology: if the was a world war the pc users would be the mass army that would bascially be the 'cannon fodder' for the nukes, bombs etc and the mac/unix users would be the elite special forces that perform the missions that actually win the war.

The mac is has a great OS to use, OS X Panther is the most easy to use and intuitive experience and it NEVER crashes, has NO VIRUSIS - so simple, everything works together - for example: you put a blank cd in the mac and it automatically launches the software to write it or you plug in your digital camera and it automatically launches iphoto to download the pics - Bloody amazing!

I have never had that experience with windows.

If you are seriously considering buying a mac - then the emac is a good starting point or save up for that powerbook - I can guarantee once you get the mac you want you will never touch windows again - and you will probably say to your self 'why didn't i do this years ago!'

Good luck - if you need any help you can email me - [email protected].

Laukev7

• VIP
  • Kudos: 495
I Wish I Had a Mac
« Reply #3 on: 20 March 2004, 02:10 »
Count me amongst the ones who want to ditch their PeeCee for a Mac. I'm hoping to get one this summer, if I work hard enough,

[ March 19, 2004: Message edited by: Laukev7 ]

jtpenrod

• VIP
  • Kudos: 105
I Wish I Had a Mac
« Reply #4 on: 20 March 2004, 21:22 »
"If only the majority of pc users knew what they were missing!! You guys would all leave windows in minutes!"

Actually, solarflare, I left windows nearly three years ago.     I run Linux.  :D

PC != Win-Doesn't

Live Free or Die: Linux
If software can be free, why can't dolphins?
Live Free or Die: Linux
If software can be free, why can't dolphins?

typhoon_311

I Wish I Had a Mac
« Reply #5 on: 22 March 2004, 04:06 »
I have had a Mac ever since my Dad bought the first one in 1984. I have never owned a single PeeCee and i currently use 3 Macs! Muhuhahahahahah!!

And I do agree that they should cut their prices..

Then those Windows fools will finally learn........

restin256

• http://cybersphere.netfirms.com
I Wish I Had a Mac
« Reply #6 on: 22 March 2004, 21:45 »
quote:
Originally posted by typhoon_311:
And I do agree that they should cut their prices..

Geing a ghetto geek, that's all I ask for.

Mandrake

I Wish I Had a Mac
« Reply #7 on: 23 March 2004, 06:39 »
If you want a Mac, sell your PC and get one. The G4 towers aint that expensive.

Paladin9

• VIP
  • Kudos: 263
I Wish I Had a Mac
« Reply #8 on: 25 March 2004, 12:20 »
quote:
Originally posted by Mandrake:

aint aint a word.  G4's are cheep now, but who wants a G4 when there are G5's now!

[ March 25, 2004: Message edited by: MindFlyer-Paladin9 ]

To create a new standard, it takes something that's not just a little bit different; it takes something that's really new and really captures people's imagination

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
I Wish I Had a Mac
« Reply #9 on: 23 March 2004, 15:35 »
I wouldn't want to ditch my PC for anything  :rolleyes:

Mandrake

I Wish I Had a Mac
« Reply #10 on: 23 March 2004, 18:09 »
Because G5s are hell expensive   :eek:  My G4 tower runs Illustrator and Photoshop fine, and Panther is very responsive. I like Safari as well!

Paladin9

• VIP
  • Kudos: 263
I Wish I Had a Mac
« Reply #11 on: 23 March 2004, 21:46 »
uh... I do not care much for safari.  I always use firefox.

To create a new standard, it takes something that's not just a little bit different; it takes something that's really new and really captures people's imagination

Pissed_Macman

• VIP
    • http://www.macrevolution.tk
I Wish I Had a Mac
« Reply #12 on: 24 March 2004, 04:48 »
Careful with the PC bashing, there are Linux users among us. I learned that the hard way.

restin256

• http://cybersphere.netfirms.com
I Wish I Had a Mac
« Reply #13 on: 24 March 2004, 21:03 »
quote:
Originally posted by Mandrake:

I wouldn't give up my PC either.  :(

hm_murdock

• VIP
  • Kudos: 378
  • The Lord of Thyme
I Wish I Had a Mac
« Reply #14 on: 25 March 2004, 00:19 »
Sure you would. You just don't know it yet.

The cat said she'd tear up your peecee.

Then, you'll realize that OS X really is badass and the One True STEP, and you, too will finally STEP in Time.
Go the fuck ~