Author Topic: Updates to my site!!!  (Read 2059 times)

Zombie9920

• Kudos: 33
Updates to my site!!!
« Reply #60 on: 26 April 2002, 10:25 »
quote:
Originally posted by VoidMain:
What I am trying to say is that may have been true in the past but it will not be true in the future. People are willing to pay a "fair" price for "good" software. The flood gates are bulging and are about to burst. M$ will go down quickly and most vendors will be able to port quickly as the big ones have already discussed this and have been strategizing. They will not have a choice if they want to stay in business. And I have worked with many companies who are absolutely ready to jump ship off the SS M$ at a moments notice. Many are already doing it.

And what you also do not understand is the fact that vendors do not have to release their Linux applications under GPL or open source. That's not a stopper at all. Look at Sybase, look at Oracle, look at all of the other established vendors who have already ported and not GPLed their code, or released it. No one in the Linux world is screaming for Oracle source code (that I have heard).

[ April 26, 2002: Message edited by: VoidMain ]

I seriously dont think that Linux will ever take over, but if it does ever happen I have no problem with using Linux(providing it has support for everything I need out of the OS). I think there is more of a chance of a new software company coming out of the blue with an OS that will have what it takes to overthrow Windows than Linux ever doing it. Only time will tell. This argument is totally pointless because neither you or I know what the future will hold.

For all we know MS may reign supreme for the rest of our lifetime. We just don't know.

Even AMD testified in court that the loss of Microsoft Windows would set computing back over a decade. That is a big chipmaker saying this stuff to a judge...so obviously there is truth in the statements(AMD knows more about the computer industry than you and I combined).

[ April 26, 2002: Message edited by: Zombie9920 ]

voidmain

• VIP
  • Kudos: 184
    • http://voidmain.is-a-geek.net/
Updates to my site!!!
« Reply #61 on: 26 April 2002, 10:39 »
Of course AMD is going to say that especially since they just climbed in bed with M$:
http://www.theregus.com/content/3/24757.html
http://www.theregus.com/content/3/24765.html

but this is Bill at his best:
http://www.theregus.com/content/4/24724.html

and another trembling MS story:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/4/19836.html

And a true gem from bozo Balmer:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/4/19396.html

[ April 26, 2002: Message edited by: VoidMain ]

Someone please remove this account. Thanks...

psyjax

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
Updates to my site!!!
« Reply #62 on: 26 April 2002, 11:42 »
quote:
Originally posted by Master of Reality:

why the hell did you edit my post??????!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ April 25, 2002: Message edited by: Master of Reality ]

YARGGGG!!! I'm sorry jeez, Im such a dolt     Ill be more carefull next time.
Psyjax! I RULEZZZZ!!! HAR HAR HAR

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
Updates to my site!!!
« Reply #63 on: 26 April 2002, 14:25 »
zombie18213813512 continues to claim that other people are arguing when the only antagonist is he himself. He constantly claims people on these forums are being childish when the truth is that he has attempted time after time to turn what was a simple invitation to go and visit MacMan's site into one of his puerile rants.
He won't believe this of course since, like his Christian doctrines, his political and personal beliefs allow him to have a predefined answer for everything. It is amusing to see him decry the qualities in others (which they ironically do not truly exhibit) that he despises in himself, closedmindedness being the most obvious.

Any sane individual reading these posts can draw their own conclusions, after a while though, the repetitive mudslinging gets boring, and i expect that this is actually zombie28314531531;s true motive. To make the forums so boring that nobody reads them.

Pa

The

Tic.
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

Zombie9920

• Kudos: 33
Updates to my site!!!
« Reply #64 on: 26 April 2002, 15:52 »
quote:
Originally posted by Calum:
zombie18213813512 continues to claim that other people are arguing when the only antagonist is he himself. He constantly claims people on these forums are being childish when the truth is that he has attempted time after time to turn what was a simple invitation to go and visit MacMan's site into one of his puerile rants.
He won't believe this of course since, like his Christian doctrines, his political and personal beliefs allow him to have a predefined answer for everything. It is amusing to see him decry the qualities in others (which they ironically do not truly exhibit) that he despises in himself, closedmindedness being the most obvious.

Any sane individual reading these posts can draw their own conclusions, after a while though, the repetitive mudslinging gets boring, and i expect that this is actually zombie28314531531;s true motive. To make the forums so boring that nobody reads them.

Pa

The

Tic.

You aren't even gonna get me going this morning because I'm in too good of a mood.    ;)  

Why don't you kindly go braid Steve Jobs butt hairs with your teeth? According to this post of yours you participate in dirty deeds like that.

I'm off to a more intelligent forum, enjoy your morning people. ;P

[ April 26, 2002: Message edited by: Zombie9920 ]

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
Updates to my site!!!
« Reply #65 on: 26 April 2002, 16:27 »
each to their own, as i said, i am not trying to get you going, just point out the situation for those who may not be familiar with your posting etiquette.

Glad you're in a good mood, maybe too good to come back here arguing for a while?
(we can but hope...  :D  )
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
Updates to my site!!!
« Reply #66 on: 26 April 2002, 18:24 »
quote:
Originally posted by Zombie9920:

No, I still have another hour and 45 minutes left till my g/f gets home. I refuse to go to bed till I have someone to cuddle with. ;P

[ April 25, 2002: Message edited by: Zombie9920 ]

You really need to find something else to do, maybe a secondary gf, theres any man can do in that time

Macman

• Kudos: 0
    • http://macrevolution.cjb.net
Updates to my site!!!
« Reply #67 on: 27 April 2002, 13:46 »
Sigh...

M$ has literally made him into a zombie. He has no free thoughts, no will of his own. M$ could start selling cardboard boxes that leak and he would diligently defend them. It is this blind ignorance which has allowed M$ to become the monster it is today.
"The Macintosh may only have 10% of the market, but it is clearly the top 10%."