Author Topic: Updates to my site!!!  (Read 2060 times)

gnomez

• Kudos: 0
Updates to my site!!!
« Reply #30 on: 25 April 2002, 23:07 »
The way I see it, Zombie is right about some of these things and Macman/Calum on the other side make some good points too.  

Apple may not be a monopoly like Zombie insisted but if it had the market share of M$ then it would be a far worse monopoly unless they allowed clones to exist. (which I think the only reason they wouldn't allow clones was due to the fact that they were doing terribly at the time and needed mo' money)

You may not be able to buy a computer without the Mac OS on it but Microsoft also does its best to pressure OEMS to not sell computers loaded with alternative operating systems such as Linux.  At least there are many choices of where to buy your computer from, though, and you aren't forced to buy one assembled by Microsoft. (yecch!)

Microsoft may spread some lies and engaged in false advertising, but Apple is just as guilty of that.  Their claims about the G4 being faster than the fastest pentiums on the market are clearly dubious and it is obvious to anyone who looks at it that their "benchmarks" are extremely biased.

Someone said Microsoft has a deal with Intel where M$ deliberately bloats up its operating systems so people will go out and buy new processors.  Sorry, but I think the "bloat" in windows is not intentional, and Windows, Mac OS, and Linux are all guilty of being equally bloated.  The only company I know of that isn't guilty of this is perhaps Amiga.

We hate Microsoft because it is a monopoly over software, and monopolies are generally very bad for competition.  A monopoly is like a huge tree that grows and prevents the seeds below it from ever sprouting.  We may never know how powerful our comptuers can really be since M$ methodically squashes or buys every competitor that walks its way.

voidmain

• VIP
  • Kudos: 184
    • http://voidmain.is-a-geek.net/
Updates to my site!!!
« Reply #31 on: 26 April 2002, 05:47 »
Who is this guy friend Zombie keeps talking about? He must be a real winner...
Someone please remove this account. Thanks...

Zombie9920

• Kudos: 33
Updates to my site!!!
« Reply #32 on: 26 April 2002, 06:28 »
quote:
Originally posted by VoidMain:
Who is this guy friend Zombie keeps talking about? He must be a real winner...

Try girlfriend you dunce. BTW, why am I replying to a guy who says an OS reminds him of his butt? Your a real winner, let me tell you.

voidmain

• VIP
Updates to my site!!!
« Reply #33 on: 26 April 2002, 06:30 »
Has to be a guy, no girl in her right mind could spend more than 10 minutes with you (without being drug induced, or being a female of another species).

Zombie9920

Updates to my site!!!
« Reply #34 on: 26 April 2002, 06:35 »
quote:
Has to be a guy, no girl in her right mind could spend more than 10 minutes with you (without being drug induced, or being a female of another species).

You are dead wrong buddy. Unlike your old fat wrinkley ass, I am actually in pretty good shape and I have a decent clean appearance.
Bahh well, I don't give a fuck about the opinions of some old wrinkley decrepit mother fucker who has prunes for balls. Go talk about how much software reminds you of your butt somemore.

[ April 25, 2002: Message edited by: Zombie9920 ]

Zombie9920

Updates to my site!!!
« Reply #35 on: 26 April 2002, 06:37 »
Well guys, this thread finally got some good old flaming going on. LmFaO

Zombie9920

Updates to my site!!!
« Reply #36 on: 26 April 2002, 06:54 »
Damn Void, you look a little healthier than I thought. Get a load of this fool.

voidmain

• VIP
Updates to my site!!!
« Reply #37 on: 26 April 2002, 06:57 »
Damn Zombie, I didn't mean to get on your nerves so much that you resort to talking to yourself... I may be an old fat wrinkly bastard, but at least I don't have a guy friend...

Zombie9920

Updates to my site!!!
« Reply #38 on: 26 April 2002, 07:02 »
quote:
Damn Zombie, I didn't mean to get on your nerves so much that you resort to talking to yourself... I may be an old fat wrinkly bastard, but at least I don't have a guy friend...

Man go to hell. I would post a pic of me with my girlfriend but I'm not about to have you stupid bastards Photoshop a pic of me. Think whatever you want man..cause I don't really care.  ;)

voidmain

• VIP
Updates to my site!!!
« Reply #39 on: 26 April 2002, 07:04 »
Heh heh, I sorry.  

Master of Reality

• VIP
  • Kudos: 177
    • http://www.bobhub.tk
Updates to my site!!!
« Reply #40 on: 26 April 2002, 07:27 »
its too bad i wasnt a mod in this forum, or else i could edit some of zombie messages to be hilarious  
Disorder | Rating
Paranoid: Moderate
Schizoid: Moderate
Linux User #283518
'It takes more than a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head to stop Bob'

Master of Reality

• VIP
Updates to my site!!!
« Reply #41 on: 26 April 2002, 07:29 »
whoa... my signature is huge.....
mmmmmmmm... drugs to treat flu make me fell all good annddd g'myb[swcry4g,cv mbxztyyh9g6nD~Z&
Disorder | Rating
Linux User #283518

Master of Reality

• VIP
Updates to my site!!!
« Reply #42 on: 26 April 2002, 07:31 »
quote:
Originally posted by Master of Reality:
whoa... my signature is huge.....
mmmmmmmm... drugs to treat flu make me fell all good annddd g'myb[swcry4g,cv mbxztyyh9g6nD~Z&

oops, fell asleep on keybored.
I'm bored.
wild boars taste good.
pizza tastes good.
Thats it! i'm gonna go to sleep!
Disorder | Rating
Linux User #283518

Zombie9920

Updates to my site!!!
« Reply #43 on: 26 April 2002, 07:38 »
quote:
Originally posted by Master of Reality:
its too bad i wasnt a mod in this forum, or else i could edit some of zombie messages to be hilarious              

Fuck you man, stay the fuck out of shit that doesn't concern you. Do you have some kind of reality block keeping you from noticing that Void started the whole damn argument by trying to call me a dirty fucking queer? Christ I swear you all are like a bunch of fucking kids.

VoidMain says: Help me, I'm being verbally thrashed.

Master of Reality says: Oh no, he is thrashing
my Linux loving butt buddy....I need to defend him.

Fucking weirdos.

(EDIT)I'll give credit to Calum, psyjax and even MacMan(even though I disagree with his site). You can actually debate or commute with them without it turning into a child's game(EDIT)

[ April 25, 2002: Message edited by: Zombie9920 ]

voidmain

• VIP
Updates to my site!!!
« Reply #44 on: 26 April 2002, 08:01 »
Hey, I said I was sorry (even if I didn't mean it). And BTW, most of the people on here *are* kids. Why can't I act like one once in a while? At least I don't have a potty mouth.    And I don't know how I could have started the argument since I am not arguing. Are you arguing?

[ April 25, 2002: Message edited by: VoidMain ]