Author Topic: Updates to my site!!!  (Read 2057 times)

Macman

• Kudos: 0
    • http://macrevolution.cjb.net
Updates to my site!!!
« on: 25 April 2002, 14:36 »
I just got a forum at my site (http://macrevolution.cjb.net) if you guys ever want to drop on by.

Also, does anyone know of any good (or bad) anti-Mac sites? I feel like burning someone.

And third, can anyone else load ihateapple.com? i was going to burn them, but it said "Directory Listing Denied." Maybe it's just dumb ol' IE.
"The Macintosh may only have 10% of the market, but it is clearly the top 10%."

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
Updates to my site!!!
« Reply #1 on: 25 April 2002, 14:42 »
no, i got that using opera as well BUT, i sniffed around for a minute and found out you can get there using this URL instead:

http://63.229.177.25/

haven't looked at yr forums yet, but i will in a minute!

[ April 25, 2002: Message edited by: Calum ]

visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

Zombie9920

• Kudos: 33
Updates to my site!!!
« Reply #2 on: 25 April 2002, 14:50 »
quote:
Originally posted by Macman:
I just got a forum at my site (http://macrevolution.cjb.net) if you guys ever want to drop on by.

Also, does anyone know of any good (or bad) anti-Mac sites? I feel like burning someone.

And third, can anyone else load ihateapple.com? i was going to burn them, but it said "Directory Listing Denied." Maybe it's just dumb ol' IE.

Oh give me a break. If Apple could be a Monopoly they would be one in a heartbeat. Technically Apple is more of a monopoly than MS because in Apple's case you have to buy one of *thier* machines to use *thier* software. Apple even goes as far as forcing theme sites to take down any theme that has anything to do with Aqua. MS doesn't do crap to sites with Luna for MacOS themes. Heck, MS didn't even complain about TGTSOFT hacking the uxtheme.dll file for users to use thier own custom themes. I never did get why mac addicts complain about MS bundling thier software with thier OSes(which MS has every right to do because it is thier OS for crying out loud) but they don't complain about the stuff that Apple bundles with thier OSes(which is convieniantly bundled with Apple's computers). At least Microsoft doesn't make thier own PC's and kill off companies who make clones.      :rolleyes:      

MS only controls the software industry...Apple on the other hand wants to control it all. If it were up to Apple they would control the hardware industry and the software industry. At least the people over at ihateapple.com will admit that MS's business practices are flawed.
Most Appleites won't admit anything wrong on Apples part and they wont admit that Steve Jobs is a greedy asshole.

I give your site -1 star for unoriginality and -3 stars for all of the popups. It isn't like your site is the only site setup with nothing but propoganda.

[ April 25, 2002: Message edited by: Zombie9920 ]

Macman

Updates to my site!!!
« Reply #3 on: 25 April 2002, 15:02 »
Well, actually i never said my site was original. I'm just doing my part to fight M$. maybe if Apple had neglected to put out their first macintosh for a while things would have been different. Instead of M$ stealing the idea and becoming the monopoly (ill get to that) that it is today I would be fighting Apple with the Windows Revolution (cringe). But for the meantime most of Microsoft's products suck and most of Apple's dont, so im going to support Apple.

About the monopoly thing, which would you define as a monopoly? A company which employs other companies to make its stuff, or a company that makes all its own stuff? I dont see how it would be inconvenient to have to buy all of your computer stuff from the same source, and if you can define that as a monopoly, then you pretty much can define just about anything.

Calum

• Global Moderator
    • Calum Carlyle's music
Updates to my site!!!
« Reply #4 on: 25 April 2002, 15:17 »
hmmm, yes the site in question, while quite alright, does seem to be a bit on the frothing-at-the-mouth side. Still i think zombie is trying to stir up an argument where none exists.

All Macman did here (in this topic anyway) was ask a couple of questions and invite people to go and look at his site, that's not so bad is it?

Calum

• Global Moderator
    • Calum Carlyle's music
Updates to my site!!!
« Reply #5 on: 25 April 2002, 15:20 »
hmm, re: a monopoly, it's when a single company has control over an industry to the extent that they effectively control the movements of all other companies in that industry.
Sure, one might say that Apple maintain a stranglehold over their own part of the industry, but compared to M$? monopoly, pshaw!!!

Zombie9920

Updates to my site!!!
« Reply #6 on: 25 April 2002, 15:22 »
quote:
Well, actually i never said my site was original. I'm just doing my part to fight M$. maybe if Apple had neglected to put out their first macintosh for a while things would have been different. Instead of M$ stealing the idea and becoming the monopoly (ill get to that) that it is today I would be fighting Apple with the Windows Revolution (cringe). But for the meantime most of Microsoft's products suck and most of Apple's dont, so im going to support Apple.

About the monopoly thing, which would you define as a monopoly? A company which employs other companies to make its stuff, or a company that makes all its own stuff? I dont see how it would be inconvenient to have to buy all of your computer stuff from the same source, and if you can define that as a monopoly, then you pretty much can define just about anything.

mo

Zombie9920

Updates to my site!!!
« Reply #7 on: 25 April 2002, 15:24 »
Go have a look at http://www.urbanslurp.com/ real quick and you will see what the E-Mail that Apple sent them says.

Macman

Updates to my site!!!
« Reply #8 on: 25 April 2002, 15:25 »
frothing at the mouth? If this means being angry for no reason other than being angry, then im sorry if my site has come across this way. In its early days it was most definitely like that, but after trying to argue with people like that, I evolved from a mac luser to a webmacster by trying to present less of my commentary and more information.

Factoid Fred says: PC users brag about what the media has said about their computers; Mac users brag about what they've done with their computers.

Zombie9920

Updates to my site!!!
« Reply #9 on: 25 April 2002, 15:27 »
quote:
Originally posted by Calum:
hmmm, yes the site in question, while quite alright, does seem to be a bit on the frothing-at-the-mouth side. Still i think zombie is trying to stir up an argument where none exists.

All Macman did here (in this topic anyway) was ask a couple of questions and invite people to go and look at his site, that's not so bad is it?

You know me, I've gotta have my daily dose of fun. ;P

Zombie9920

Updates to my site!!!
« Reply #10 on: 25 April 2002, 15:31 »
quote:
Factoid Fred says: PC users brag about what the media has said about their computers; Mac users brag about what they've done with their computers.

Factoid Fred is dead wrong buddy. I for one don't give a damn about the media. I garantee I can do anything with my PC that you can do with your Mac. The PC is alot faster at doing it also(except for photoshop plugins with Alti-Vec optimizations of course...even though my Northwood's SSE2 would cream Alti-Vec if Adobe would optimize for SSE2).

Calum

• Global Moderator
    • Calum Carlyle's music
Updates to my site!!!
« Reply #11 on: 25 April 2002, 15:34 »
quote:
posted by zombie489463:
To make a long story short. Apple has excessive control over anything that has to do with Apple computers.
OF COURSE THEY BLOODY DO!!! the commodity in question is the computer industry, NOT just Apple computers! (christ!), how can a company NOT be expected to have as much control as it can over its OWN interests???  
quote:
They try to control what software you use on thier machines and they will not allow for companies to make clones of thier machines because they want complete control of the Mac market.
Well there are actually a few other OSs that run on a mac, namely BeOS and Linux, to name but two, probably OpenBeOS and BSD also, for another start, and Apple hasn't tried to run them out of business yet, have they. That thing about windows themes actually has nothing to do with things being run on a mac, which is what you imply, it is about infringement of the copyrights of the designers (or whoever owns said rights) of the OSX themes. If people started skinning OSX with M$ themes, do you think we'd see cease and desist outcries from Microsoft? sadly we'll never truly know since no fucker would ever want their mac to look like XP.

MacMan, no offence intended, i didn't mean it was devoid of substance, just that it also contains mouth frothing stuff, plus, i do reckon you need to be careful when dealing with windoids, they need to have things explained to them very simply, and possibly very slowly. Don't assume that just because you happen to be right, that people will accept it. You need to be patient to really change people's minds. On the other hand, you don't need to bother with all that crap if you are just in it to piss people off who take it all too seriously!!!

Macman

Updates to my site!!!
« Reply #12 on: 25 April 2002, 15:36 »
Since when has it been a crime to have control over one's own products? If this is true and Apple has a monopoly over it's own products (sounds dumb, doesnt it?) then so is Nintendo, Sony, and just about every other company out there. Microsoft doesn't only control its own products, but others' products as well. That is the true definition of a monopoly.

And with the ihateapple thing (hysterical laughter), boy that is hilarious. The dumbass webmaster broke the law and Apple burned him. But look at a site like enemy.org with all its Microsuck startup screens and you see that microsoft can't do a thing about them because the webmasters there were very careful to take those pictures from somewhere else or at least make it look that way.

maybe it's just that using Windows kills brain cells.

Zombie9920

Updates to my site!!!
« Reply #13 on: 25 April 2002, 15:40 »
quote:
Originally posted by Calum:
Well there are actually a few other OSs that run on a mac, namely BeOS and Linux, to name but two, probably OpenBeOS and BSD also, for another start, and Apple hasn't tried to run them out of business yet, have they. That thing about windows themes actually has nothing to do with things being run on a mac, which is what you imply, it is about infringement of the copyrights of the designers (or whoever owns said rights) of the OSX themes. If people started skinning OSX with M$ themes, do you think we'd see cease and desist outcries from Microsoft? sadly we'll never truly know since no fucker would ever want their mac to look like XP.

MacMan, no offence intended, i didn't mean it was devoid of substance, just that it also contains mouth frothing stuff, plus, i do reckon you need to be careful when dealing with windoids, they need to have things explained to them very simply, and possibly very slowly. Don't assume that just because you happen to be right, that people will accept it. You need to be patient to really change people's minds. On the other hand, you don't need to bother with all that crap if you are just in it to piss people off who take it all too seriously!!!

Apple = Monopoly. It is the truth so you don't need to explain anything to me.

I know other OSes exist for the Mac, but I really doubt most Maccies would know how to install Linux...BeOS is dead so there would e no point in going the BeOS route. Believe it or not, Microsoft actually made a modified version of Windows NT for the Mac a long time ago. Apple has never made a MacOS for the PC(Darwin doesn't count becuase it is not sanctioned by Apple).

Apparently some people use those WinXP skins for OSX. If they didn't then it wouldn't exist for download. I know for a fact that the makers of the skins probably use them. duhhh.  ;)

Zombie9920

Updates to my site!!!
« Reply #14 on: 25 April 2002, 15:42 »
quote:
Since when has it been a crime to have control over one's own products? If this is true and Apple has a monopoly over it's own products (sounds dumb, doesnt it?) then so is Nintendo, Sony, and just about every other company out there. Microsoft doesn't only control its own products, but others' products as well. That is the true definition of a monopoly.

And with the ihateapple thing (hysterical laughter), boy that is hilarious. The dumbass webmaster broke the law and Apple burned him. But look at a site like enemy.org with all its Microsuck startup screens and you see that microsoft can't do a thing about them because the webmasters there were very careful to take those pictures from somewhere else or at least make it look that way.

maybe it's just that using Windows kills brain cells.

Microsoft doesn't control anyone elses products. I would like for you to tell me what Non-MS products that MS controls. Thier products may dominate other products...but MS doesn't control the other products. It is the other companies faults that thier products get creamed by MS products because they spend more time suing MS than they spend on improving thier shit.

Oh no...IE is bundled with Windows....what about Finder being bundled with MacOS?

[ April 25, 2002: Message edited by: Zombie9920 ]