Author Topic: Updates to my site!!!  (Read 2058 times)

Macman

• Kudos: 0
    • http://macrevolution.cjb.net
Updates to my site!!!
« Reply #15 on: 25 April 2002, 15:42 »
quote:
Factoid Fred is dead wrong buddy. I for one don't give a damn about the media. I garantee I can do anything with my PC that you can do with your Mac. The PC is alot faster at doing it also(except for photoshop plugins with Alti-Vec optimizations of course...even though my Northwood's SSE2 would cream Alti-Vec if Adobe would optimize for SSE2).

Factoid Fred says: Go to hell you jackass!!

Windoid, i like that!
"The Macintosh may only have 10% of the market, but it is clearly the top 10%."

Zombie9920

• Kudos: 33
Updates to my site!!!
« Reply #16 on: 25 April 2002, 15:46 »
quote:
Originally posted by Macman:

Factoid Fred says: Go to hell you jackass!!

Windoid, i like that!

My what a big pointer finger you have Fred.
Is that the same finger that you use to pick your nose and your ass?

[ April 25, 2002: Message edited by: Zombie9920 ]

Macman

Updates to my site!!!
« Reply #17 on: 25 April 2002, 15:55 »
quote:
Microsoft doesn't control anyone elses products. Thier products may dominate other products...but MS doesn't control the other products. It is the other companies faults that thier products get creamed by MS products because they spend more time suing MS than improving thier shit.

Oh no...IE is bundled with Windows....what about Finder being bundled with MacOS?

Microsoft doesn't control anyone else's products? What about Dell and Intel and Gateway, hundreds of game companies, and the list goes on and on! You are clearly ill-informed, my friend.

Everyone who makes products for mac (example: Ambrosia Software) does it willingly!

Dell is complaining because M$ has been putting a lot of pressure on them to design their hardware especially for windows lately. They made a deal with a huge corporation thinking they would be rich and now they can't get out of it! What better describes a monopoly than that??!!

Maybe Calum is right, maybe being right just doesn't effect your kind.

quote:
My what a big pointer finger you have Fred.
Is that the same finger that you use to pick your nose and your ass?

Ok, you ran out of real argument so now you're going to do this kind of thing? That is so typical of you windows lusers. If I could drop to your level for a moment,

NO, HE USES THE FINGER RIGHT NEXT TO THAT TO FLIP YOU OFF YOU FrEAKIN RETARD!!

Hmm... i may have gone a bit too far

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
Updates to my site!!!
« Reply #18 on: 25 April 2002, 15:58 »
no, you didn't go too far... right, let's get stuck in...

quote:
Originally posted by Zombie96879672675640123:
Apple = Monopoly. It is the truth so you don't need to explain anything to me.
i can tell you wouldn't listen anyway, why break the habit of a lifetime?
quote:

I know other OSes exist for the Mac, but I really doubt most Maccies would know how to install Linux...
right, obviously that opinion is based on hard research. Many of the most popular Linux distributions could be installed by a 7 year old.  
quote:
BeOS is dead so there would e no point in going the BeOS route.
In one way, yes, but OpenBeOS is not dead, and while i'm at it, i notice you fail to decry BSD either. That's still 2 operating systems you fail to knock down, even with your biased loaded statements.    
quote:
Believe it or not, Microsoft actually made a modified version of Windows NT for the Mac a long time ago. Apple has never made a MacOS for the PC(Darwin doesn't count becuase it is not sanctioned by Apple).
Who cares? i suppose this proves to you how benevolent M$ truly is "giving" it's OS to those porr gullible mac users? get a grip! i suppose you will deny that porting NT to mac would have been a deliberate attempt to run Apple out of their own operating system? ALSO may i point out that with M$' current attitude towards licencing, the fact that NT can be run on a mac, just allows M$ to harrass people about having dodgy copies of windows. click here to see an example of this in action.

quote:
Microsoft doesn't control anyone elses products. Thier products may dominate other products...but MS doesn't control the other products.
Listen to yourself! Microsoft's products have control now? so windows has the monopoly while Microsoft are poor innocent vistims of their own software? what is this shit? are you always this unintelligible at 5 in the morning?    
quote:
It is the other companies faults that thier products get creamed by MS products because they spend more time suing MS than improving thier shit.
oh this is just fucking ridiculous! so you're saying that Microsoft's products improve faster than Apple's? what a joke. As you say yourself, there is no point explaining anything to you, you are just too far gone. For the record, Apple aren't suing Microsoft at the moment as far as i know.

quote:
Oh no...IE is bundled with Windows....what about Finder being bundled with MacOS?]
What about it? IE is NOTwindows explorer. I have uninstalled IE on my windows side, explorer still works fine (well, you know, as well as it ever did...)
Finder does NOT make my machine vulnerable to all sorts of backdoors and security holes et cetera.
Look, i'm sick of this pointless discussion, why don't you just get fucked and we'll call it quits?

[ April 25, 2002: Message edited by: Calum ]

[ April 25, 2002: Message edited by: Calum ]

visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

Zombie9920

Updates to my site!!!
« Reply #19 on: 25 April 2002, 15:58 »
quote:
Originally posted by Calum:

OF COURSE THEY BLOODY DO!!! the commodity in question is the computer industry, NOT just Apple computers! (christ!), how can a company NOT be expected to have as much control as it can over its OWN interests???

The thing is, Microsoft doesn't control the computer industry. You can buy OEM PC's with Linux and other non-MS OSes installed. You can't buy a Mac without MacOS installed. OEM's usually choose to pre-install Windows at thier own free will. As I already said. Microsoft doesn't make computers and they do not force you to buy thier computers to use thier software. Microsoft actually makes software for Macs, Apple doesn't do the same for the PC do they(with the exception of Quicktime for Windows which is utter crap..I have posted a thread showing why too)?

Macman

Updates to my site!!!
« Reply #20 on: 25 April 2002, 15:58 »
This has spun way out of control. I originally intended just to advertise my site. sigh....

Zombie9920

Updates to my site!!!
« Reply #21 on: 25 April 2002, 16:01 »
Microsoft doesn't control anyone elses products. Thier products may dominate other products...but MS doesn't control the other products.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Listen to yourself! Microsoft's products have control now? so windows has the monopoly while Microsoft are poor innocent vistims of their own software? what is this shit? are you always this unintelligible at 5 in the morning?
quote:

--------------
As I said, Microsoft doesn't control the other products. MS doesn't tell them what they can and can't do with thier shit..therefore MS doesn't control the 3rd party product.
---------------------------

Oh no...IE is bundled with Windows....what about Finder being bundled with MacOS?]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What about it? IE is NOTwindows explorer. I have uninstalled IE on my windows side, explorer still works fine (well, you know, as well as it ever did...)
Finder does NOT make my machine vulnerable to all sorts of backdoors and security holes et cetera.
Look, i'm sick of this pointless discussion, why don't you just get fucked and we'll call it quits?
------------------------

The point is, Apple bundles stuff with thier OS...but Maccies think it is so wrong for Microsoft to bundle stuff with thier OS. Just like MacOS has Quicktime bundled with it, but you hear Maccies crying that WMP is bundled with Windows. That is just straight up hypocritical.
I'll call it quits when you people can admit that Apple is no better than MS as a business.

Macman

Updates to my site!!!
« Reply #22 on: 25 April 2002, 16:06 »
Zombie, go to bed.

Zombie9920

Updates to my site!!!
« Reply #23 on: 25 April 2002, 16:08 »
quote:
Originally posted by Macman:
Zombie, go to bed.

No, I still have another hour and 45 minutes left till my g/f gets home. I refuse to go to bed till I have someone to cuddle with. ;P

Calum

• Global Moderator
    • Calum Carlyle's music
Updates to my site!!!
« Reply #24 on: 25 April 2002, 16:10 »
quote:
Originally posted by Zombie9920:

As I said, Microsoft doesn't control the other products. MS doesn't tell them what they can and can't do with thier shit..therefore MS doesn't control the 3rd party product.[/QB]

oh, i see, so what you are saying is that Microsoft does NOT set themselves up in a monopoly position, so that most bog standard first time computer buyers won't buy a computer without windows on it, and they also DON'T then proceed to blackmail computer vendors into doing exactly what they want by threatening to refuse them the legal right to preinstall windows on machines they are selling if the vendor chooses to preinstall certain other software on said machines, for example a non-Microsoft browser, just to take a random example out of the air?

This company wants total control over any market it deals in, and even some it doesn't deal in! M$ has never made its own hardware as far as i know, and still they make many (some quite successful) attempts to control the various aspects of the computer hardware industry. Lately the X-Box is a good example of that, new market, no chance of long term success against Sony and Nintendo, but the opportunity to have a quick hit and run advertising session targeted at impressionable young minds, and the chance to sell as many units as possible before everybody finds out that developers are all going to stop making games for it very quickly.
The list goes on.

Calum

• Global Moderator
    • Calum Carlyle's music
Updates to my site!!!
« Reply #25 on: 25 April 2002, 16:17 »
quote:
zombie again:
The point is, Apple bundles stuff with thier OS...but Maccies think it is so wrong for Microsoft to bundle stuff with thier OS. Just like MacOS has Quicktime bundled with it, but you hear Maccies crying that WMP is bundled with Windows. That is just straight up hypocritical.
I'll call it quits when you people can admit that Apple is no better than MS as a business.
Well, that is true, except for the fact that Apple are not a monopoly. Politically they are not much better though, in many respects but not all.

Re: bundled software, you miss the point, as many people admittedly do.
It's not the bundled software that pisses people off, it's the mandatory integration into the OS (why can't i uninstall WMP and IExplore from the "Add/Remove Programs" dialog?), the fact that the programs included are huge, and cannot do their job properly, often crashing the entire system (which should not be possible in any decent OS), making the user download alternative programs to do the same job (i have DivX Player, Winamp (from before it was AOL), Trillian and Opera, having got rid of WMP, MSNMSG and IExplore)and most of all the fact that those programs routinely try to mysteriously dial internet connections and write logfiles that are protected and unreadable.

Apple are not saints, which is why i think mac fans often seem to be foaming at the mouth a bit, but M$ are certainly much. much worse.

Macman

Updates to my site!!!
« Reply #26 on: 25 April 2002, 16:26 »
I think we (mostly you) got him, Calum. We've written so much stuff against him that it would be literally impossible to deny all of it. Even if he won't admit it to himself, he lost.

Hey, I got to burn someone!

ravuya

• VIP
Updates to my site!!!
« Reply #27 on: 25 April 2002, 18:39 »
Guys, calm down. Let's recap this:

Apple: Controls hardware and software interests.
Microsoft: Controls software interests, manipulates Intel and AMD to help control hardware by releasing newer editions of Windows that require more CPU to run properly.

So, basically, both companies are just trying to maximize profits. Apple is the underdog here, but I believe they make the better product, so I support Apple.  

So, let's keep this discussion going, it seemed semi-intelligent at the start... this isn't Usenet, we don't have to degenerate into mindless name-calling, all right?

Calum

• Global Moderator
    • Calum Carlyle's music
Updates to my site!!!
« Reply #28 on: 25 April 2002, 20:48 »
actually, this is the only zombie84151451314531532 initiated argument i have seen so far that hasn't degenerated into name calling. I think i said all i wanted to say, i truly reckon that while Apple may be shameless promotionists and they may want to keep visious control over their own interests that they do not traffic in dirty tricks anymore, unlike Microsoft who make it part of their daily routine.

psyjax

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
Updates to my site!!!
« Reply #29 on: 25 April 2002, 21:38 »
quote:
Originally posted by Calum:
actually, this is the only zombie84151451314531532 initiated argument i have seen so far that hasn't degenerated into name calling. I think i said all i wanted to say, i truly reckon that while Apple may be shameless promotionists and they may want to keep visious control over their own interests that they do not traffic in dirty tricks anymore, unlike Microsoft who make it part of their daily routine.

I don't think Apple are shameless promotionisists. They sell their computers on the ideals of it's founders. The think diffrent adds sold More Mac's than any G4 or G3 ad.

Besides M$ has the most misleading advertising around.

Zombie74574684:

And what the hell do you mean Darwin is not sanctioned by Apple? They made the thing. Look at the licence for god sake.

AppleWorks is made for the PC, as well as a bunch of their other software. But who's counting?

Unlike IE or WindowsExplorer the Finder is actually the core of the old MacOS. It IS the old MacOS. If you read anything in the Inside the Machintosh documentation then you will understand how the system is organized. The finder almost acts as a kernel. When windows explorer and IE are just tack ons made to seem like they are key OS components.

Man, my T1 was down last night and this morning. i wish I could have had some of this action  

Hey Macman! Nice site, lookie I'm a Moderator  :D .
Psyjax! I RULEZZZZ!!! HAR HAR HAR