Author Topic: Why I use a Mac  (Read 2332 times)

cahult

• VIP
  • Kudos: 182
Why I use a Mac
« on: 30 May 2002, 21:26 »
Jeff Adkins writes columns for Lowendmac.com and this is one of his best yet. His reasons for using a Mac are, for the most part, also mine. Are you ready?

http://www.lowendmac.com/lab/02/0530.html

[ May 30, 2002: Message edited by: cahult ]

"The gentleman is dead, the feminists killed him" Anonymous

Master of Reality

• VIP
  • Kudos: 177
    • http://www.bobhub.tk
Why I use a Mac
« Reply #1 on: 31 May 2002, 01:25 »
it sounds to me like Linux would be perfect for him.
Disorder | Rating
Paranoid: Moderate
Schizoid: Moderate
Linux User #283518
'It takes more than a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head to stop Bob'

slave

• Kudos: 0
    • http://www.fuckmicrosoft.com
Why I use a Mac
« Reply #2 on: 31 May 2002, 03:05 »
Actually Windows XP would suit his needs best, if he could get past all the lies and propaganda spread against Microsoft by the Linux and Mac trolling teams.

hoojchoons

• http://www.linux.gr
Why I use a Mac
« Reply #3 on: 31 May 2002, 04:13 »
quote:
Posted by the personification of ignorance, windoze XPee user 00000000:

Actually Windows XP would suit his needs best, if he could get past all the lies and propaganda spread against Microsoft by the Linux and Mac trolling teams.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA   :D    :D    :D  . This guy's so funny that I suggest you let him keep posting just to have a good laugh once in a while. God bless you man. You're really hillarious   :D  .

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
Why I use a Mac
« Reply #4 on: 31 May 2002, 13:57 »
quote:
Originally posted by Windows XP User #5225982375:

Yes i do too, lets hand over our money and our soul to bill.

Ever thought of a job in comedy?

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
Why I use a Mac
« Reply #5 on: 31 May 2002, 13:59 »
quote:

the only person that windows XP would suit perfectly would be somebody with no arms, no legs and most importantly, no brain. In fact so long as they have no brain, the arms and legs are just an added bonus. sound like anybody we know around here?  ;)
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

Scotty

Why I use a Mac
« Reply #6 on: 31 May 2002, 15:40 »
quote:

LMAO!! :D   WEll xPimp I'm convinced that next time you surely will suggest that xp will find cure for cancer, aids, osteoporosis and baldness. It will heal the world and stop all wars to come.

People will love each other because of xp and our saviour's second coming is due to xp!!

You must know somehow that xp servicepack2 gets humankind in touch with aliens and whole universe will become as one happy loving xp community.

Finally xp opens up a dimension gate in space and god him/her/itself will come to live with mankind and to use xp because it is so good for everything.. Surely god will use xp to create more worlds.. or what do you think xPimp?

I almost feel sorry for ranting to you because you're so funny.  :D
I tried hard to come up with nasty signature but I can't think any at this hour so I just say that m$ can go to hell for all I care.

ravuya

• VIP
Why I use a Mac
« Reply #7 on: 31 May 2002, 18:19 »
I think we should grab him in the parking lot as he goes to his '73 Hyundai Pony, tie him up and force him to make more funny posts like that.  

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
Why I use a Mac
« Reply #8 on: 31 May 2002, 18:32 »
i vote for grabbing him and tying him up anyway, not sure about letting him post here again though!
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

Master of Reality

• VIP
Why I use a Mac
« Reply #9 on: 1 June 2002, 01:12 »
two words: 50-foot-razor-blade  big-bucket-of-alcohol
Disorder | Rating
Linux User #283518

machater

• http://www.ihateapple.com
Why I use a Mac
« Reply #10 on: 2 June 2002, 21:17 »
THOSE ARENT REASONS YOU SHIT SLINGING MAC USERS MAKE ME SICK WHY CANT YOU SEE THAT WINDOWS IS BEST BECAUSE IT IS AND YOU CANT PROVE IT ISNT BUT I CAN PROVE 99.9 PERCENT OF MAC USERS LIVE IN SAN FRANCISCO BECAUSE ITS A GAY COMMUNITY AND THEY SHOVE PICKLES WITH VASELINE UP EACH OTEHR ALL DAY WHILE PISTONING ON THEIR IPODS
iCrap: Shit Differently
www.ihateapple.com

Master of Reality

• VIP
Why I use a Mac
« Reply #11 on: 2 June 2002, 21:46 »
quote:
Originally posted by Mac Hater:
THOSE ARENT REASONS YOU SHIT SLINGING MAC USERS MAKE ME SICK WHY CANT YOU SEE THAT WINDOWS IS BEST BECAUSE IT IS AND YOU CANT PROVE IT ISNT BUT I CAN PROVE 99.9 PERCENT OF MAC USERS LIVE IN SAN FRANCISCO BECAUSE ITS A GAY COMMUNITY AND THEY SHOVE PICKLES WITH VASELINE UP EACH OTEHR ALL DAY WHILE PISTONING ON THEIR IPODS

we should slide you down a 50-foot razor blade into a pool of alcohol
Disorder | Rating
Linux User #283518

IvoryTower

Why I use a Mac
« Reply #12 on: 2 June 2002, 10:54 »
Mac Hater: As much as I loathe responding to such overtly incoherent posts/rants, it is my duty to drop some education on neophytes such as yourself.

First off, your comment about Mac users being gay...completely baseless, utterly ignorant, and abusive. I'm sorry if you're a bigot or a homophobe (that's your problem to deal with), but such comments are completely irrelevant to the topic. BTW what was your point?

Secondly, you obviously need to attend some entry level English courses. Your grammar is attrocious, your rant is comprised of one very long run-on sentance (if it could be called that) which is completely devoid of punctuation, and your attempt at describing sexual action is pathetic at best. You wouldn't make it far in the romance novel biz...a word of advice: don't quit your day job if you're lucky enough to land one.

And thirdly, the thought of being even remotely associated with someone who suffers such a profound lack of intellect and tact makes me ill. Therefore, in order to avoid having even the faintest connection to you and your ilk, I'll stick with my Mac until you and yours are able to prove that using Windows can cure you of your obvious shortcomings.

This concludes our lesson for today.

[ June 04, 2002: Message edited by: IvoryTower ]

------------------------------------
Mind and mouse are one,
Working diligently, fast.
Crash mocks your efforts.

cloudstrife

Why I use a Mac
« Reply #13 on: 2 June 2002, 19:08 »
quote:
Originally posted by Mac Hater:

I hate this asshole... he sounds like he has a little homophobia problem himself.  Maybe he was screwed by his dad at an early age...

:rolleyes:

Interscope

Why I use a Mac
« Reply #14 on: 2 June 2002, 19:37 »
YOU KNOW WHAT FUCKING PISSES ME OFF??? PEOPLE THAT TYPE IN FUCKING CAPSLOCKS ALL THE TIME!!!

The big diffrence between *nix and Mac flamers:

Most people flaming *nix and Mac are doing it in a childish and insulting way.

Microsoft flamers use arguments.
Free it, goddamnit!

Computer security is very much like home security - you can take as many security precautions as you like but if you leave windows open, sooner or later you'll get broken into. - (Calum 2003)