Author Topic: Gimp/Photoshop compition... (Not yet; but will be big pix!)  (Read 5557 times)

Zombie9920

• Kudos: 33
Gimp/Photoshop compition... (Not yet; but will be big pix!)
« Reply #15 on: 5 November 2002, 05:41 »
quote:
Originally posted by xyle_one-point-two:
i didnt say i didnt like gimp. i just havent used it.

I just looked at your profile and I noticed that your OS of coice is OSX. Let me ask you...why in the hell would you want to use GIMP when OSX has much better alternatives available?  :confused:

Pantso

• Kudos: 55
    • http://www.support-freesoftware.org
« Reply #16 on: 5 November 2002, 05:50 »
quote:
Originally posted by Zombie9920:

I just looked at your profile and I noticed that your OS of coice is OSX. Let me ask you...why in the hell would you want to use GIMP when OSX has much better alternatives available?   :confused:  

Of course there are alternatives to GIMP, but are you forgetting their cost, compared to GIMP which is really "free"? Why not install X Windows in OS X and benefit from Open Source software?

Zombie9920

« Reply #17 on: 5 November 2002, 05:59 »
quote:
Originally posted by Panos:

Of course there are alternatives to GIMP, but are you forgetting their cost, compared to GIMP which is really "free"? Why not install X Windows in OS X and benefit from Open Source software?

Well, he already has Photoshop(so obviously he has already purchased it or pirated it) so why go to something different? If he already paid several hundred $$$ for Photoshop wouldn't it be stupid to ditch it for something that is free and isn't as functional as Photoshop?

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
« Reply #18 on: 5 November 2002, 16:42 »
I say photoshop is better then gimp, but certainly not Paintshop Pro, which doesnt even have a scripting language... WTF is with that... I dont even think photoshop does, so is anyone going to post anything, the mac people have the stuff. And so does anyone with a decent Linux version

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
« Reply #19 on: 5 November 2002, 16:46 »
quote:
Originally posted by bazoukas:
He is not NORMAL at all guys.  During his posting frenzy here, i was a a bit hostile towards him. It looks like he got pissed, because, take a load of this, he sent me a PM cursing me.

I must have got on his nerves or something.
 Here is his PM in which i never send a reply.

Copy and paste for you.
BTW to all the moderators, feel free to check and see if am BSing.

"You seems to me little frustrated, may be you need to jerk off or you are too tense.
And did not your mamma told you that it's bad to use profanity in public places?"

[ November 04, 2002: Message edited by: bazoukas ]

We cant read your pms, but we can see you with our magical powers.

Pantso

• Kudos: 55
    • http://www.support-freesoftware.org
« Reply #20 on: 5 November 2002, 16:46 »
quote:

Well, he already has Photoshop(so obviously he has already purchased it or pirated it) so why go to something different? If he already paid several hundred $$$ for Photoshop wouldn't it be stupid to ditch it for something that is free and isn't as functional as Photoshop?

He could give GIMP a try and not necessarily ditch Photoshop, which I agree is better than GIMP for the time being.

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
« Reply #21 on: 5 November 2002, 17:38 »
quote:

in a word. no. gimp is actually better than photoshop, so go and blow your dog. Also, you can get stuffed because you put no effort into justifying your ludicrous claim that gimp isn't as functional as photoshop, so i will put a similar amount into defending gimp, because a truly good program does not need defending.

however by using free software, he would be losing nothing and gaining a lot. tell me why he SHOULDN'T use gimp?

dumbass.

also, may i draw a parallel between your post and some very similar sentiments?:

"i live in a world where 3/4 of the population are dying of thirst, starvation, disease and war, but i am one of the lucky few, who belongs to one of the countries who are responsible for perpetuating this situation in order that me and my countrymen may become fat and complacent at the expense of others so why go to something different?"

[ November 05, 2002: Message edited by: Calum & his insidious little spies ]

visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

RudeCat7

• Kudos: 109
« Reply #22 on: 5 November 2002, 17:55 »
WTF?????  I have used Photoshop before and I can't understand this bullshit about it being better than The Gimp. Come on! The only real argument I have ever seen is that Gimp doesn't separate to CMYK (or something) And only a fucking publisher or a Kinkos would give a fuck!!!
For anybody else, The Gimp is the shit!!! Besides, who is the fucking moron that pays $600 to screw around with pics at home???
I know Zombie didn't pay shit, cuz he's all talk, and doesn't put his money where his mouth is!!!

THAT is a fucking "hypocrite"!!!

[ November 05, 2002: Message edited by: RudeCat8.0 ]

*meow!* I didn't say Linux was easier, I said it was better, Dumbass!

trc3

• Kudos: 0
    • http://www.sk8mafia4life.com
« Reply #23 on: 5 November 2002, 18:08 »
He looks like a gay hugh hefner...

trc3

• Kudos: 0
    • http://www.sk8mafia4life.com
« Reply #24 on: 5 November 2002, 18:11 »
Its not very good, I figured I shouldnt waste to much time on this asshole.

xyle_one

• VIP
  • Kudos: 135
« Reply #25 on: 5 November 2002, 22:39 »
quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie:
I just looked at your profile and I noticed that your OS of coice is OSX. Let me ask you...why in the hell would you want to use GIMP when OSX has much better alternatives available?

If i find gimp to be a better alternative to photoshop, i would switch. It is just hard to use gimp when i know photoshop inside and out.

quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie:

like i said, if i found gimp to be better, i would switch, or just use the combination of the two to get the job done.

quote:
originally posted by RudeCat8.0
 WTF????? I have used Photoshop before and I can't understand this bullshit about it being better than The Gimp. Come on! The only real argument I have ever seen is that Gimp doesn't separate to CMYK (or something) And only a fucking publisher or a Kinkos would give a fuck!!!
For anybody else, The Gimp is the shit!!! Besides, who is the fucking moron that pays $600 to screw around with pics at home???
I know Zombie didn't pay shit, cuz he's all talk, and doesn't put his money where his mouth is!!!

i do not use it to screw around with photos at home. i use it for design. i am a graphic designer. i do flyers, posters, web graphics, magazine advertisments, plus the work for my full time job doing architectural presentations (flash, photoshop), touching up my photoreal & stylized renderings (using viz4 & photoshop), and constant work to finish this brochure  :(  , where i do need the color seperations & cmyk. and photoshop is mearly a tool i use. if i found a a better tool, of course it would make sense to use it.
if the gimp can handle color like photoshop, and supports layers, transparency, masking, and time saving things like adjustment layers & alpha channels, i could consider using it.  
before i can really say anything about gimp, i probably should use it a little more thoroughly.

Zombie9920

« Reply #26 on: 5 November 2002, 23:42 »
quote:
Originally posted by RudeCat8.0:
WTF?????  I have used Photoshop before and I can't understand this bullshit about it being better than The Gimp. Come on! The only real argument I have ever seen is that Gimp doesn't separate to CMYK (or something) And only a fucking publisher or a Kinkos would give a fuck!!!

[ November 05, 2002: Message edited by: RudeCat8.0 ]

Mother fucker, I pay for every bit of software that I install on my system(other than free stuff like Winamp, WMP 9, etc.). There is only one piece of software on my system that isn't legit, but I do own a legit copy of the same software that I won't use because it has an invasion of privacy feature in it that the non-legit copy doesn't have. I'm not a lowlife cheap bastard(hence why I don't have to turn to Open Source because it is free ;P).

[ November 05, 2002: Message edited by: Zombie9920 ]

flap

• Kudos: 137
« Reply #27 on: 5 November 2002, 23:57 »
So product activation is "BS"? Don't MS have the right to stop their software from being 'stolen' by "lowlife cheap bastards"?

Maybe [email protected] would be interested to know that even one of their fanboys is so disgusted with their 'anti-piracy' measures he breaks the law in order to circumvent them.
"While envisaging the destruction of imperialism, it is necessary to identify its head, which is none other than the United States of America." - Ernesto Che Guevara

http://counterpunch.org
http://globalresearch.ca

Zombie9920

« Reply #28 on: 6 November 2002, 00:12 »
quote:
Originally posted by flap:
So product activation is "BS"? Don't MS have the right to stop their software from being 'stolen' by "lowlife cheap bastards"?

Maybe [email protected] would be interested to know that even one of their fanboys is so disgusted with their 'anti-piracy' measures he breaks the law in order to circumvent them.

I haven't got the slightest clue of what you are talking about.   :confused:

Master of Reality

• VIP
  • Kudos: 177
    • http://www.bobhub.tk
« Reply #29 on: 6 November 2002, 00:57 »
quote:
There is only one piece of software on my system that isn't legit, but I do own a legit copy of the same software that I won't use because it has an invasion of privacy feature in it that the non-legit copy doesn't have.]

this is what he was talking about^
Disorder | Rating
Paranoid: Moderate
Schizoid: Moderate
Linux User #283518
'It takes more than a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head to stop Bob'