Author Topic: Stuck in the Past  (Read 3213 times)

skyman8081

• VIP
  • Kudos: 187
    • http://sauron.game-host.org/
Stuck in the Past
« on: 15 May 2005, 23:15 »
This forum is stuck in the past.  Nothing new has come out of here.  The only thing thats different are the names.

This place is turning into a GNU only club.  I tried to work at fixing it, but I was met by opposition who want it to become an exclusive GNU and Linux only club.

This forum is going in circles and is spirally downward, if this site wants to be a Linux club, fine, but I do not want that association.
2 motherfuckers have sigged me so far.  Fuck yeah!

skyman8081

• VIP
Re: Stuck in the Past
« Reply #1 on: 15 May 2005, 23:18 »
Oh, and say hello to Darth Fucking Vader

Laukev7

• VIP
  • Kudos: 495
« Reply #2 on: 15 May 2005, 23:22 »
I don't see any crisis here. In fact, I don't see any of the GNU-only club you are complaining about, which to me seems to have disappeared a while ago. No offence, but I think it is you who may be stuck in the past.

skyman8081

• VIP
« Reply #3 on: 15 May 2005, 23:26 »
Everyone who has tried to make this community better and to try and improve it, everyone who wanted to help move it beyond what it is.  Everyone has been labeled a troll and run out.

Laukev7

• VIP
  • Kudos: 495
« Reply #4 on: 15 May 2005, 23:27 »
Who has been labelled a troll here?

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
« Reply #5 on: 15 May 2005, 23:30 »
I agree with laukev7, we also have BSD fanboys and another Mac fanatic, who are regular posters.
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

skyman8081

• VIP
« Reply #6 on: 15 May 2005, 23:43 »
not all of them labeled troll per se, but everybody who called for this place to be changed was run out, or had people try to run them out, I should clarify, However, let me show you a few examples.

void main, was run out for helping improve the forum, and disagreeing
ecsyle, run out for trying to improve it and for disagreement
Jimmy James, labeled a troll and run out for trying to improve and dissenting against the forum groupthink.  Jimmy didn't start getting called a troll until much later on.

not all trolls were interested in helping, but those who wanted a better forum were told off, and to STFU and subject themselves to the will of the mods.  I was called a troll for writing letters to the admin about disruptive members, as well as trying to calm the chaos and to call mods on abusing their power which was, and is, quite rampant.

Dear Mods,

just because you don't like a thread, is not a reason to bin it.  It never has, and never will be.

Sincerly,
skyman8081

Jenda

• Kudos: 326
« Reply #7 on: 15 May 2005, 23:46 »
Not to mention Muzzy, the Microsoft crusader.

skyman8081

• VIP
« Reply #8 on: 15 May 2005, 23:50 »
With the exception of a few good souls (muzzy, Refalm, Laukev, and Orethius)  everyone on this forum is full of blind hate.  And there is no balance anymore, all the mac heads were run out, and the GNUsaders have pretty much taken control.

At every turn, muzzy, who makes valid and thoughful posts gets driven out and is pointlessly flamed.  I don't want to be associated with letting that happen.

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: 16 May 2005, 00:01 »
Quote from: skyman8081
With the exception of a few good souls (muzzy, Refalm, Laukev, and Orethius)  everyone on this forum is full of blind hate.  And there is no balance anymore, all the mac heads were run out, and the GNUsaders have pretty much taken control.

So you're accusing everyone who you've omitted from your list a GNUsader filled with blind hate. Nice one, you've just pissed off most of the people here, I thought you were cool up until now, so why don't you just fuck off and troll somewhere else? :fu:

Edit: Give some evedance to back up your claim because it appears to me you're just trolling now.

At every turn, muzzy, who makes valid and thoughful posts gets driven out and is pointlessly flamed.  I don't want to be associated with letting that happen.

This is the only reasonable thing you've said so far in this thread, while I don't agree with muzzy I do think he sometimes gets treated unfairly.
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

skyman8081

• VIP
« Reply #10 on: 16 May 2005, 00:06 »
Nice job reading, I never said that anybody not on the list is one.  I said that most of the forum seems to be full of GNUsaders, there are always execptions.  That list is in no way definative.

You are just LOOKING for something I say to piss you off, even if you have to misquote me.

piratePenguin

• VIP
  • Kudos: 775
    • http://piratepenguin.is-a-geek.com/~declan/
« Reply #11 on: 16 May 2005, 00:09 »
Nice job reading, I never said that anybody not on the list is one. I said that most of the forum seems to be full of GNUsaders, there are always execptions.
I love GNU as much as some Mac users love OS X or Apple (depending on what way you look at it).

EDIT: Just look at my avator :cool:. It's exactly equal to an Apple fan having an Apple avator.
"What you share with the world is what it keeps of you."
 - Noah And The Whale: Give a little love

a poem by my computer, Macintosh Vigilante
Macintosh amends a damned around the requested typewriter. Macintosh urges a scarce design. Macintosh postulates an autobiography. Macintosh tolls the solo variant. Why does a winter audience delay macintosh? The maker tosses macintosh. Beneath female suffers a double scum. How will a rat cube the heavier cricket? Macintosh calls a method. Can macintosh nest opposite the headache? Macintosh ties the wrong fairy. When can macintosh stem the land gang? Female aborts underneath macintosh. Inside macintosh waffles female. Next to macintosh worries a well.

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: 16 May 2005, 00:15 »
Nice job reading, I never said that anybody not on the list is one.

Oh yes you did!

I think the word exception means everyone that you haven't listed, and the word everyone means everyone you haven't listed.

With the exception of a few good souls (muzzy, Refalm, Laukev, and Orethius)  everyone on this forum is full of blind hate.

Have you fucked the wording up or have I just misinterpreted your post? Because I can't think of any other interpretation.

skyman8081

• VIP
« Reply #13 on: 16 May 2005, 00:15 »
Doesn't really matter what you say, I just don't care anymore to be honest.

And it's two-fold, you did misinterpret what I said, but I would have been better off with an et. al. in there.

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: 16 May 2005, 00:31 »
Doesn't really matter what you say, I just don't care anymore to be honest.

I don't believe you, if you really don't care you wouldn't  have bothered replying.

And it's two-fold, you did misinterpret what I said, but I would have been better off with an et. al. in there.

Ok it seems more like poor wording, I've been flamed for mis-wording a post before it read something totally different to what I intended it to mean.

Could you please tell me what you meant?
You could've edited your post?
If you had, I would've edited mine as well, to remove the flaming.
« Last Edit: 16 May 2005, 00:40 by Aloone_Jonez »