Author Topic: Linux is Doomed, Thanks to Microsoft  (Read 4751 times)

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
Re: Linux is Doomed, Thanks to Microsoft
« Reply #15 on: 29 November 2005, 17:17 »
Quote from: Refalm
Oh well, at least you can still impress them by opening the terminal and doing stuff 100 times faster than when working in X.

Or you can use X and have 346345645 terminals on a billion workspaces (Windows third party software to give you X style workspace still sucks because Windows wasn't designed for it. I have tried shitloads different ones for my Windows XP machine and they still all suck cock compared to what Gnome, XFCE, Windowmaker, and nearly every other X desktop has).

dmcfarland

• Kudos: 123
« Reply #16 on: 29 November 2005, 18:47 »
Im not a fucking moron, you sheep fucking piece of shit. Dont call me a fucking moron. Asshole!:fu:

I didnt write the article asshole. I just relayed the information. Im glad Linux is in the public sector. Its gotten better because of it. Im pretty sure their are Linux distro's for elitist stuck up assholes who are a legend in their own mind who are wannabe intellectuals. I hate idiots like you who are always starting shit with other people. Im glad Linux is user friendly. Competition leads to innovation and innovation leads to better things.

Quote from: Kintaro
Linux is not doomed you fucking moron. But it is nice to see it is leaving the public sector. I really hope for Linux to become as unpopular as possible for its development to still continue, I hate idiots ruining Linux with their user freindly bullshit.

Linux was cool about 5 years ago, its beginning to really piss me off that everyone knows what it is (or at least they think they do but they have no fucking idea).

HORRAH.
Whip me, Beat me, Humiliate me, Mistreat me, and Windows XP me.:fu:

noob

• Kudos: 74
« Reply #17 on: 29 November 2005, 21:16 »
I think Linux should be used in homes. A lot of home users who use XP, but have no interest in gaming or anything that NEEDS Windows are missing out. We had some live Linux distro's in college as an intro to Linux and a few other students started asking about it and where they can get it because it is so simple to use. Out of the whole class, I was the only one who had even seen the kernel booting, yet no one had any problems with it.
Windows XP Service Pack 2. Because we couldn't be arsed the first time.

Windows 98 Second Edition. Look, now you don't need that bloody CD to install new hardware.

Windows Vista. Even your computer knows you have a small penis.

Windows Blackcomb. We are planning the OS after Vista, which is allready a year late.

Windows ME, the Marmite Operating System.

XP Mobile. Take your errors with you.

Jack2000

« Reply #18 on: 29 November 2005, 23:06 »
[OFFTOPIC] Pls ppl no flameing ! [/OFFTOPIC]

H_TeXMeX_H

• Kudos: 494
    • http://draconishinobi.50webs.com/
« Reply #19 on: 29 November 2005, 23:20 »
Even if they paid me to use Window$ I wouldn't :D

@ dmcfarland ... No flameing pls (except at M$ and Bill Gates)

MarathoN

• Kudos: 168
« Reply #20 on: 29 November 2005, 23:23 »
Quote from: H_TeXMeX_H

HAHAHAHA, I love that :D:thumbup:

dmcfarland

« Reply #21 on: 30 November 2005, 02:49 »
I usaully dont flame. I dont like being reffered to as a "fucking moron." Ill apologize in public if Kintaro wasnt reffering to me.

I apologize to rest of the group for that.

Sincerely
dmcfarland

Kintaro

• JohnTate.org
« Reply #22 on: 30 November 2005, 06:45 »
Quote from: dmcfarland
Im not a fucking moron, you sheep fucking piece of shit. Dont call me a fucking moron. Asshole!:fu:

I didnt write the article asshole. I just relayed the information. Im glad Linux is in the public sector. Its gotten better because of it. Im pretty sure their are Linux distro's for elitist stuck up assholes who are a legend in their own mind who are wannabe intellectuals. I hate idiots like you who are always starting shit with other people. Im glad Linux is user friendly. Competition leads to innovation and innovation leads to better things.

No user friendlyness leads to lack of innovation and a million attempts to create desktops that do what all the other "user friendly ones did".

And you titled this thread as "Linux is Doomed". Your the one who made a retarded assumption.

Kintaro

• JohnTate.org
« Reply #23 on: 30 November 2005, 06:47 »
Quote from: dmcfarland
I usaully dont flame. I dont like being reffered to as a "fucking moron." Ill apologize in public if Kintaro wasnt reffering to me.

I apologize to rest of the group for that.

Sincerely
dmcfarland

I don't accept your apology in advance before recieving it. I don't need an apology, I don't give shit. Your a moron.

Kintaro

• JohnTate.org
« Reply #24 on: 30 November 2005, 06:49 »
Even if they paid me to use Window$ I wouldn't :D

Your a moron as well, please don't defend me.

jtpenrod

• VIP
  • Kudos: 105
« Reply #25 on: 30 November 2005, 09:04 »
The Gardner Group have been MS suck-ups from day one. Depend on them to publish the results of the latest MS sponsored "research" that "demonstrates" that Win-d'ohs does this or that better than Open Source. Doesn't mean a thing.

Furthermore, if this does come to pass, then the state of the art will be set back by at least thirty years. All your soft will be prohibitively expensive, won't work right, and computers won't be worth using.

See Freedows.
See Freedows Run.
Run, Freedows, Run.

See User.
See User Hostfile Freedows Advertisers.
See PC Self-Destruct.

Only you will pay (and pay and pay, etc. & ad infinitum, ad nauseum) for the "priviledge". They already sell e-mail addresses to spammers.

Linux was cool about 5 years ago, its beginning to really piss me off that everyone knows what it is (or at least they think they do but they have no fucking idea).

Yeah, but there's still Slackware.  :D  Still, "n00b" distros have their place, and having more folks out there at least trying it is a good thing, in that more users will help prevent the total 'jacking of the entire 'Net. More users also means more HW manufacturers will consider providing drivers for Linux.
Live Free or Die: Linux
If software can be free, why can't dolphins?

Pathos

• Kudos: 416
« Reply #26 on: 30 November 2005, 10:48 »
I love seeing the kernel logging on startup, its nice to see that something is happening and what the kernels waiting for.

Yeah as linux gets more popular hardware support and funding will follow.

Kintaro

• JohnTate.org
« Reply #27 on: 30 November 2005, 11:23 »

The Gardner Group have been MS suck-ups from day one.

Bingo

Kintaro

• JohnTate.org
« Reply #28 on: 30 November 2005, 11:23 »
I think M$ is playing tricks again ... like usual, I don't believe a thing they say ... Linux will never die ... NEVER !!!! We won't let it die ... I won't at least :D

Oh god, with people like you supporting it I change my mind.

Linux is doomed.

dmcfarland

« Reply #29 on: 30 November 2005, 19:13 »
Now you know why I flamed him.:fu:

Quote from: Kintaro
I don't accept your apology in advance before recieving it. I don't need an apology, I don't give shit. Your a moron.