Author Topic: Mozilla 1.0 party  (Read 2393 times)

Zombie9920

• Kudos: 33
Mozilla 1.0 party
« on: 23 May 2002, 21:14 »
God, how sad is this. People actually throw a party for a web browser? Open Source people really do have pathetic lives eh?

Anyways, the party is taking place on June 12th, 2002 from 8pm to 2am at the DNA Lounge

375 eleventh street
san francisco, CA.

http://mozilla.org/party/2002/flyer.html

Zombie9920

Mozilla 1.0 party
« Reply #1 on: 23 May 2002, 21:31 »
Oh yeah, you have to be 21 to go to the party.  

psyjax

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
Mozilla 1.0 party
« Reply #2 on: 23 May 2002, 21:34 »
ummm...

Sory to break it to you Zombie748468879879, but your God, M$ is known to do the same thing.

Ever heard the story about the party they had for IE 4.0? And how they put a big IE logo on the Netscape lawn trying to be funny?

Netscape got back at them by putting a statue of Mozilla (back when it was their mascot) on M$'s lawn.
Psyjax! I RULEZZZZ!!! HAR HAR HAR

Zombie9920

Mozilla 1.0 party
« Reply #3 on: 23 May 2002, 21:38 »
Nope, I never have heard of an IE party. If one really did take place then the people who actually attended it are as pathetic as the people who are gonna go to the Mozilla party. ;P

BTW, MS is not my god.

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
Mozilla 1.0 party
« Reply #4 on: 23 May 2002, 22:31 »
yes, they certainly are. Also, i feel sorry for your (single) god, he/she must be very lonely in the world. you should try being an integrational polytheist like me. Actually, integrational polytheism does not require me to convert anybody so do what you like. Nevermind, you can comfort yrself in the knowledge that i will burn in hell when i die  :D  

PS, here's yr excercise for today, to prove that Hell actually exists, can anybody find me a passage in the Bible that actually mentions Hell? good luck!
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

psyjax

• VIP
Mozilla 1.0 party
« Reply #5 on: 23 May 2002, 23:33 »
New Testeament refert to the Lake of Fire. Gehena was the hell in the old testament.

Hell as we know it has gone thrugh several evolutions over the years. Origionaly early jews belived in no afterlife like heven or hell, but mearly an underworld, kinda like the greeks and the romans.

Not untill Zoroaster came to the middle east did ideas about eternal rewards and punishment get introduced. At that time there was a great schizim in the jewish religion divided between the Pharasies who belived in no afterlife and the Saducies who did. You may remember these two factions as Jesus's prime detractors in the new testament.

Hell is ambigious as is the devil, but a place of punishment is indeed mentioned several times, though it's exact nature is never as descriptive as modern christian doctrine has one belive.

Non canonical texts are written on the subject, parts of the cabala, and gnostic teachings have varying accounts of hell, it's nature and purpose.

Alot of this is pulled from the top of my head, so I cant be sure I got ever bit right. for a good article on the subject see:

www.religioustolerance.org

gnomez

• Kudos: 0
Mozilla 1.0 party
« Reply #6 on: 23 May 2002, 23:49 »
quote:
PS, here's yr excercise for today, to prove that Hell actually exists, can anybody find me a passage in the Bible that actually mentions Hell? good luck!

Here you go:

Psalms 9:17: The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.

Eze 32:27: And they shall not lie with the mighty that are fallen of the uncircumcised, which are gone down to hell with their weapons of war.
(I guess I'm going to hell since I'm an uncircumsized heathen)

Mt 5:29 (Jesus speaking) And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell. (Gross!)

Mt 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Revelation 20:13-15 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.  And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

2Pe 2:4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment

Lu 12:5 But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.

Mt 13:50 And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

"Hell" in English comes from the Hebrew word sheol, which translated means "grave."

Hell as a place of fire and sorrow is really introduced in the New Testament, the Old Testament "hell" simply meant one's grave and didn't particurally signify an afterlife.

Of course I agree with Albert Einstein that there is no evidence of an afterlife as I don't see how one's mind could be separated from one's body.  So don't worry about it, just focus on today and be happy about being alive   ;)  

PS Zombie yer a dope  Open Source isn't pathetic (mostly, heeh)

[ May 23, 2002: Message edited by: Garden GNOME ]

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
Mozilla 1.0 party
« Reply #7 on: 24 May 2002, 00:08 »
well i have a suspicion that those mentions of hell are mistranslations, as your "grave" suggestion implies, much like that topical one in the King James version about not sufferring a witch to live (for the uninitiated, the original text translates as "you shall not suffer a poisoner to live")...
but i'll eat my words gladly since you found so many references.

Also my religion (integrational polytheism) doesn't even require me to be right or wrong, since it includes all other religions, even the contradictory ones.

but i digress.................
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

Zombie9920

Mozilla 1.0 party
« Reply #8 on: 24 May 2002, 00:23 »
quote:
Originally posted by Garden GNOME:

PS Zombie yer a dope  Open Source isn't pathetic (mostly, heeh)

[ May 23, 2002: Message edited by: Garden GNOME ]

Ehh, I didn't call Open Source pathetic. I called throwing a party for software pathetic ya fool. "YaY! They released some new software! Lets celebrate!" What a bunch of losers. LoL

[ May 23, 2002: Message edited by: Zombie9920 ]

Master of Reality

• VIP
  • Kudos: 177
    • http://www.bobhub.tk
Mozilla 1.0 party
« Reply #9 on: 24 May 2002, 01:16 »
quote:
Originally posted by Zombie9920:
God, how sad is this. People actually throw a party for a web browser? Open Source people really do have pathetic lives eh?

Anyways, the party is taking place on June 12th, 2002 from 8pm to 2am at the DNA Lounge

375 eleventh street
san francisco, CA.

http://mozilla.org/party/2002/flyer.html

the only reason that MS hasnt had very many parties is... what the hell do they have to celebrate??? (i mean other than crushing other peoples innovative ideas)
Disorder | Rating
Paranoid: Moderate
Schizoid: Moderate
Linux User #283518
'It takes more than a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head to stop Bob'

psyjax

• VIP
Mozilla 1.0 party
« Reply #10 on: 24 May 2002, 02:33 »
quote:
Originally posted by Calum:
well i have a suspicion that those mentions of hell are mistranslations, as your "grave" suggestion implies, much like that topical one in the King James version about not sufferring a witch to live (for the uninitiated, the original text translates as "you shall not suffer a poisoner to live")...
but i'll eat my words gladly since you found so many references.

Also my religion (integrational polytheism) doesn't even require me to be right or wrong, since it includes all other religions, even the contradictory ones.

but i digress.................

BUT CALUM! The king james bible is the only real Bible as God somehow enabled king james to perfectly translate everything.

Not like those evil catholic bibles, or the satanic orthodox bibles. Only the King James has God's seal of aproval.

(BTW, that was sarcasam, as plenty of evangelical christians have this narrow view.)

voidmain

• VIP
  • Kudos: 184
    • http://voidmain.is-a-geek.net/
Mozilla 1.0 party
« Reply #11 on: 24 May 2002, 02:52 »
M$ doesn't have parties?  Seems to me they probably have spent more money than any other corp on earth having Launch parties for Win95/98 etc. Are our memories that short?  They even hire big name bands and celebs.  They purchase Beetles songs.  How much of what you spent on your Windows OS went to this kind of crap?
Someone please remove this account. Thanks...

voidmain

• VIP
  • Kudos: 184
    • http://voidmain.is-a-geek.net/
Mozilla 1.0 party
« Reply #12 on: 24 May 2002, 02:58 »
M$ doesn't have parties?  Seems to me they probably have spent more money than any other corp on earth having Launch parties for Win95/98 etc. Are our memories that short?  They even hire big name bands and celebs.  They purchase Beetles songs.  How much of what you spent on your Windows OS went to this kind of crap?
Someone please remove this account. Thanks...

psyjax

• VIP
Mozilla 1.0 party
« Reply #13 on: 24 May 2002, 03:41 »
Holy shit void! Take a look at how many times you posted.

What's up?

:D

[ May 23, 2002: Message edited by: psyjax ]

Master of Reality

• VIP
  • Kudos: 177
    • http://www.bobhub.tk
Mozilla 1.0 party
« Reply #14 on: 24 May 2002, 04:05 »
maybe he is on acid?
or he computer is on acid (just like mine).

Will some mod delete these extra posts.
Disorder | Rating
Paranoid: Moderate
Schizoid: Moderate
Linux User #283518
'It takes more than a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head to stop Bob'