Author Topic: MS-DOS Date  (Read 6867 times)

WMD

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 391
    • http://www.dognoodle99.cjb.net
Re: MS-DOS Date
« Reply #15 on: 18 September 2005, 21:03 »
He's already said he can't change the OS by law...

Might sound like a strange idea, but try monitoring the time on the computer on Saturday sometime, and see what happens.
My BSOD gallery
"Yes there's nothing wrong with going around being rude and selfish, killing people and fucking married women, but being childish is a cardinal sin around these parts." -Aloone_Jonez

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
« Reply #16 on: 18 September 2005, 21:12 »
WMD,
Refalm was suggesting DOSBox, an emulator that allows you to run old DOS programs under Windows.

Quote from: Refalm

DOSBox may be the solution. Work in a modern evironment like Linux, Mac OS X or Windows, and still being able to run your DOS programs.

Firstly, I doubt it'll run under Windows 3.1.

Secondly, even if it did it'd be very slow as it's an emulator.

Finally, I thought he wasn't allowed to install any unapproved software as this is generally the case in a situation like this.
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

WMD

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: 18 September 2005, 21:36 »
Quote from: Aloone_Jonez
WMD,
Refalm was suggesting DOSBox, an emulator that allows you to run old DOS programs under Windows.

In which case, he'd be switching the OS to Windows, with DOS running merely as a program.  Same thing.

And I doubt DOSBox would support the TI interface cards he's got.
My BSOD gallery
"Yes there's nothing wrong with going around being rude and selfish, killing people and fucking married women, but being childish is a cardinal sin around these parts." -Aloone_Jonez

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
« Reply #18 on: 18 September 2005, 23:49 »
Quote from: DanZ

Two of you folks are pretty nice for Microsoft bashers :D, but the Calum can bite me.  I thought that this was a Microsoft help forum when I first posted, and even if it wasn't, there's no reason to act like an idiot jerkoff just because someone asks a question.  Thanks again for the help, Jonez and S kyman.  Mr or Ms Calum, please stay in the UK or as far away from the US as possible.  Thanks.

Best regards,

DanZ

US eh? so that's why you are such an arrogant dipshit.

i simply explained the concept of this forum to you, if you want to ask for microsoft support, then my advice to you is: fuck off.

i could have said that the first time but i didn't, in fact i said "good luck and everything, and welcome to the board", so if you can find something wrong with that, you ignorant arrogant wanker, then i hope you are first on the list when your country finally gets what it deserves.
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
« Reply #19 on: 18 September 2005, 23:55 »
Quote from: WMD
He's already said he can't change the OS by law...

Might sound like a strange idea, but try monitoring the time on the computer on Saturday sometime, and see what happens.

can i just say something?

in the real world, this forum has a policy of not helping losers out with their fucked up microsoft problems. there are a million waste fo space sites full of script kiddies for that sort of thing. perhaps since the US military are funding his damn project they can get their fucking wallet out and research the answer to this problem themselves, instead of you pussies, who are supposed to be participating in an *anti* microsoft discussion board bending over backwards to please this ignorant arsehole, who clearly believes he can casually insult people even as they attempt to provide useful information.

take from that what you will, whoever you may be.
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

worker201

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 703
    • http://www.triple-bypass.net
« Reply #20 on: 19 September 2005, 00:16 »
Quote from: Calum
you ignorant arrogant wanker, then i hope you are first on the list when your country finally gets what it deserves.

Harsh!  Insightful, but harsh.

Note, however, that Americans tend to use 'wanker' as slang for an Englishman.

worker201

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 703
    • http://www.triple-bypass.net
« Reply #21 on: 19 September 2005, 00:26 »

in the real world, this forum has a policy of not helping losers out with their fucked up microsoft problems. there are a million waste fo space sites full of script kiddies for that sort of thing. perhaps since the US military are funding his damn project they can get their fucking wallet out and research the answer to this problem themselves, instead of you pussies, who are supposed to be participating in an *anti* microsoft discussion board bending over backwards to please this ignorant arsehole, who clearly believes he can casually insult people even as they attempt to provide useful information.

I'm afraid things have drastically changed.  Microsuck remains a somewhat anti-Microsoft board, but it has lately become a pro-Windows board.  This presents, in my mind, anyway, something of a dilemma.  If you like Windows but hate Microsoft, then you can give Windows advice with a clear conscience.  If you use Windows and love it, then I'm afraid the only advice you can give to someone who wants to switch is "dude, stick with Windows".  Fuck you if I'm wrong, but isn't the whole purpose of this site to show that there are quality alternatives to Windows?  IF IT IS, then there are a lot of trolls here.  Personally, I would never recommend any Microsoft product except their mice to anyone.  And I am in the process of weaning myself from the Xbox.  And I actively encourage everyone to do the same.  That's why I came here in the first place - to get some support as a non-MS newb.  What the fuck are we doing here, if not bashing Microsoft?  And I still don't understand how someone could hate Microsoft and love Windows.  If {insert favorite program here} only works in Windows, then that is not a reason to love Windows.  That's a reason to bitch at the company who makes it.  Programs live Avid, ProE, AutoCAD and others are ripe for open source replacement, and a little bitching from the users can help that to happen.

ya, I'm rambling, laterz.

WMD

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: 19 September 2005, 06:37 »

Did you read my post?  I told him to sit at work on Saturday and watch the clock tick.  Bending over backwards indeed. :p
My BSOD gallery

WMD

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: 19 September 2005, 06:37 »
Quote from: worker201
I'm afraid things have drastically changed.  Microsuck remains a somewhat anti-Microsoft board, but it has lately become a pro-Windows board.

That's just muzzy and toadlife. ;)

EDIT: And skyman.
My BSOD gallery

hm_murdock

• VIP
  • Kudos: 378
  • The Lord of Thyme
« Reply #24 on: 19 September 2005, 10:11 »
And you folks wonder why anti-MS folks get a bad rap. It's because of childish things like "ignorant arsehole",
Go the fuck ~

Orethrius

• Kudos: 982
« Reply #25 on: 19 September 2005, 11:06 »
Quote from: hm_murdock
And you folks wonder why anti-MS folks get a bad rap. It's because of childish things like "ignorant arsehole",

"Fuck off" comeback with repetition of whatever was just said in 3... 2...

Proudly posted from a Gentoo Linux system.

even if you're renting you've got more rights than if you're using windows.

System Vitals

piratePenguin

• VIP
  • Kudos: 775
    • http://piratepenguin.is-a-geek.com/~declan/
« Reply #26 on: 19 September 2005, 17:53 »
Quote from: WMD
That's just muzzy and toadlife. ;)

EDIT: And skyman.
And Aloone_Jonez.
"What you share with the world is what it keeps of you."
 - Noah And The Whale: Give a little love

a poem by my computer, Macintosh Vigilante
Macintosh amends a damned around the requested typewriter. Macintosh urges a scarce design. Macintosh postulates an autobiography. Macintosh tolls the solo variant. Why does a winter audience delay macintosh? The maker tosses macintosh. Beneath female suffers a double scum. How will a rat cube the heavier cricket? Macintosh calls a method. Can macintosh nest opposite the headache? Macintosh ties the wrong fairy. When can macintosh stem the land gang? Female aborts underneath macintosh. Inside macintosh waffles female. Next to macintosh worries a well.

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
« Reply #27 on: 19 September 2005, 20:43 »
piratePenguin,
I admit have been playing devil's advocate recently, but I've also countered the Winblow$ Xpee B$ODomize$ me every 10 miniutes bullshit I'm sick of hearing about.

If you like Windows but hate Microsoft, then you can give Windows advice with a clear conscience.

Well loving Windows and hating Microsoft would be a moral dilemma in it's self but I personally have no feelings of love or hate towards Windows, to me it's just a tool I use to get my work done.

isn't the whole purpose of this site to show that there are quality alternatives to Windows?

Yes, you're right.

IF IT IS, then there are a lot of trolls here.

This place has been troll-free since MrX, Slave and MacMan left.

Personally, I would never recommend any Microsoft product except their mice to anyone.

This is a very tricky one for me to answer, really it depends on what they want to do, for normal activities like general office use I'd recommend a Mac then possibly Linux, but I'm affraid if they wanted games, Pro Engineer or Protel then I'd have to suggest Windows but I'd strongly recommend they use alternatives like Opera, Thunderbird and OpenOffice for all their other needs.

And I am in the process of weaning myself from the Xbox.  And I actively encourage everyone to do the same.

I can see your point but I (if I had a console) wouldn't go through all the inconvenience of selling all my Xbox games.

If {insert favorite program here} only works in Windows, then that is not a reason to love Windows.

I think you're using the word love too much, I don't love my computer, I don't love my stereo, I don't even love my car for fuck sake, what's you obsession with love? Just because you use something it doesn't mean you love it.

That's a reason to bitch at the company who makes it.

That's a fair point to, but it's not entierly their fault that they don't support other platforms as they probably don't know any better and even if they did they wouldn't support Linux because of the Linux fanboys hate of proprietary $oftwarez.

Programs live Avid, ProE, AutoCAD and others are ripe for open source replacement, and a little bitching from the users can help that to happen.

Oh yeah inferior open source replacements. :rolleyes:

Running some programs under WINE is a solution but this is very unreliable but WINE could be better, people say it's not as good as it should be as evil M$ don't release the full Windows API listing but I don't see how this is a problem when nearly all the source code for Windows 2000 has been leaked over the Internet.

The best solution to the problem of software companies not supporting Linux would be if the Linux users them selves dropped their hate of all things proprietary then more companies would invest in Linux so it'd gain a higher userbase.
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

Jack2000

« Reply #28 on: 19 September 2005, 20:55 »
Even "THE MICE" is not an MS invention !

kind of makes you think don't it ?

piratePenguin

• VIP
  • Kudos: 775
    • http://piratepenguin.is-a-geek.com/~declan/
« Reply #29 on: 19 September 2005, 21:21 »
piratePenguin,
Winblow$ Xpee B$ODomize$ me every 10 miniutes bullshit I'm sick of hearing about.
The only time I ever see this "Winblow$ Xpee" crappy-speak is from yourself and skyman. Noone else here, other than the occasional troll, uses it.

We're generally more professional than "Winblow$ Xpee B$ODomize$", so either you'd better get your eyes checked, or have a bit of respect.
I think you're using the word love too much, I don't love my computer, I don't love my stereo, I don't even love my car for fuck sake, what's you obsession with love? Just because you use something it doesn't mean you love it.
I usually say "support".
they wouldn't support Linux because of the Linux fanboys hate of proprietary $oftwarez.
Funny, because there are only very few completely free operating system setups out there. My own being one.

Most GNU/Linux distributions ship with Java and all sorts of other non-free stuff. And when they don't, the first thing 90% of it's users do when they've installed the distribution is install Java or some other non-free software that they want.
but I don't see how this is a problem when nearly all the source code for Windows 2000 has been leaked over the Internet.
Er, I'd assume the wine guys would be in alot of legal trouble if they used that code.
The best solution to the problem of software companies not supporting Linux would be if the Linux users them selves dropped their hate of all things proprietary then more companies would invest in Linux so it'd gain a higher userbase.
Not many GNU/Linux users hate "all things proprietary" so even if we all did retreat, I doubt it'd make much difference.
"What you share with the world is what it keeps of you."
 - Noah And The Whale: Give a little love

a poem by my computer, Macintosh Vigilante
Macintosh amends a damned around the requested typewriter. Macintosh urges a scarce design. Macintosh postulates an autobiography. Macintosh tolls the solo variant. Why does a winter audience delay macintosh? The maker tosses macintosh. Beneath female suffers a double scum. How will a rat cube the heavier cricket? Macintosh calls a method. Can macintosh nest opposite the headache? Macintosh ties the wrong fairy. When can macintosh stem the land gang? Female aborts underneath macintosh. Inside macintosh waffles female. Next to macintosh worries a well.